PDA

View Full Version : 1969 Baldwin Motion Vette Phase III GT

GreySkyy
10-24-2002, 09:59 PM
I think that I have come into possesion of one of these. I do not know much about them and would really appreciate some advice. I am not sure if I should restore this or sell it. What are they worth, How rare is this vehicle? What exactly did I get? /ubbthreads/images/icons/confused.gif

SuperCars
10-24-2002, 10:08 PM
First step, what makes you believe it to be a 69 Baldwin Motion Vette. Does it have documentation, etc? Once you get over that hurdle, then what is it's condition, how complete, or is it missing correct drivetrain or components. There are many variables that would ascertain a value. You can email me direct by clicking on my user name/profile if you wish. I am always looking for cars of this sort as well.

GreySkyy
10-24-2002, 11:29 PM
I do have the title, and the car is Orange with the single black racing stripe, and the datsun style headlights. It is not in good condition. The person who owned it prior to me had it in great shape untill 1996 when they stopped paying attention to it. I have had it for 9 months, and I am just getting the time to do anything with it. Not sure where to bring it. The prior owner says they may have the original block, but I do not want to count on that. It needs minor fibreglass work, and the electrical system needs to be replaced. The motor is 509ci based on a 427 block and the car has a 5 speed, not the original 4 spd. One last item. It has round taillights and I see some post with cars with slotted tail lights.

SuperCars
10-25-2002, 12:44 PM
It appears you have no documentation, only a title. You need to trace back to the original owner for verification and hope he retained some paperwork, or contact Joel Rosen of Motion Performance whom may have info on it. Had the prior owner attempted any such search?

Over the years it was possible for any Vette owner to have made a Baldwin Motion replica out of their own Vette as the parts were available from Motion Performance Catalog to do so. Until you come up with some documentation, it's value is only that of a used 69 Vette. Inquiries like this are a good way to start on your search though and I hope it turns out for the best. Good Luck!