PDA

View Full Version : Motion clone...need help??

10-29-2002, 12:50 PM
I am thinking of creating a Motion clone...not one that will be passed off, but just a really cool street car. I have what I think is a '69 COPO car (has a build date of 2A, 72/72, X11, 3/8" line, BB box, BE rear) and since no motor or trans, it would make a great Motion clone. I'm looking to duplicate the look of the Motions, but want a car that is still "driveable" today...I was thinking of '67 sidepipes and a L71...any thoughts?? Also any pics of actual Motions would be great..especially underneath (how do the pipes attach?) and engine shots...

Born30YrsLate
10-29-2002, 01:49 PM
if you are wwondering how the sidepipes attach to the headers, check out the post in "motion sidepipes" a couple subjects down in this Baldwin-Motion Performance section...they answered that question for me...since then i have come across pictures of this, if this is what you are inquiring about, i can try posting a picture...

AutoInsane
10-29-2002, 03:39 PM
If you truely do have a COPO car why would you lower the value of the car by making it a clone car? Why not restore the COPO car and enjoy it for what it is?? Which happens to be an amazing car in it's own right. I think it would make more sense to take a run of the mill Camaro and make a clone out of it...IMHO

10-29-2002, 04:16 PM
The car has a lot of characteristics of a COPO, but it is all apart, and the history isn't very well known...it was raced a lot, and there isn't really a way to verify...I'm not planning on doing anything that will devalue the car..in other words..not cutting it up...nice resto but maybe different induction (3x 2's) and sidepipes...maybe a Motion stripe or something...To be honest I hate hugger orange, but will keep it since it is the correct color...