PDA

View Full Version : Chevelle Show in the North

Don_Lightfoot
11-06-2002, 07:50 PM
Just an early heads up for Chevelle owners. Our CanAm Chevelle Club is hosting a "Chevelle/Beaumont/El Camino/GMC Sprint" Show in Niagara Falls, NY next July. We would certainly like to have a few COPO's and Yenkos on hand. For information you can go to our website www.canamchevelles.com (http://www.canamchevelles.com) and follow the link for Northern Chevelle Gathering. Feel free to email myself if you like. Thanks for the opportunity to provide information in this forum.

Don Lightfoot
President
CanAm Chevelle Club

MYSTERYCHEVELLE
05-15-2003, 07:00 PM
I'll be there Don!! Lookin forward to it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Mike

Keith Tedford
05-26-2003, 09:32 AM
We have a convoy with rooms booked and ready to go. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

Don_Lightfoot
05-30-2003, 01:14 AM
Mike, can't wait to find out the real MYSTERY of that Blue Beauty you have when I tech inspect your car at "The Falls". Normally I'm not a real picky person, however...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

BEAUMONTBILL
05-30-2003, 02:06 PM
Don,
Can't wait for the show.I'm bringing two 68 SD 396
Convertibles. Do you know how many Beaumonts have registered? See you soon, Bill

Don_Lightfoot
06-14-2003, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don, do you know how many Beaumonts have registered? Bill

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry for the late reply Bill, just haven't been able to check in here too much lately. Looks like only about ten Beaumonts which is a little disappointing. Some Canucks are worried about the lineups crossing the border down your way (EG - engine overheating in the lineups, etc). Total vehicles should end up at about 120 which I guess isn't too bad for a unique model show and the first year. Really looking forward to meeting you Bill, should be a blast.

BEAUMONTBILL
07-19-2003, 02:17 PM
For most of you out there that couldn't make it to the chevelle show I thought I'd give my post show analysis.
Board member Don Lightfoot did a fantastic job running the show in it's first year. Even with the beautiful Buffalo weather of 40 mph winds and rain he kept an incredible attitude and kept everything going. For those of you who have never seen Don's Blue Beast 69 L78 post car it is one gorgeous car. Steve Sandlins gorgeous red copo chevelle was being shown by Micky Hale. That has to been one of the best looking copo chevelles I have ever seen. Keith Teddford was also around. It was great to just talk to and listen to Keith talking about being the original owner of his copo chevelle. He had pictures around from when the car was new. How cool is that!!! There were about 20 Beaumonts at the show. I'm bias ofcourse but any show with 20 Beaumonts has to be worth going to. Kudos to Don and his crew for a great show. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see this show grow real quick.

Don_Lightfoot
07-20-2003, 02:53 PM
Thanks for the kind words Bill. There was a tireless effort put forward by a large number of our Club members for this three day event. We were just amazed at the registration response (this was pre-registered only) which totalled 175. For the weekend there were 20 'no shows' resulting in 155 fantastic machines taking part. Despite the weather everybody seemed to have a good time. Off course, the Holiday Inn Grand Island Resort has tremendous facilities for a gathering of this nature.

Chuck Hanson, the President of American Chevelle Enthusiasts Society was around all weekend and I believe he must have autographed all 172 Event T-Shirts that were bought. Revues of this event can be read in upcoming issues of Chevelle World magazine, Canadian Old Autos Newspaper, Canadian Classic Chevelles & Beaumonts and Niagara Region Cruising News.

For those fellow board members here that don't know, BeaumontBill is the General Manager of Paddock Chevrolet in Kenmore, NY and the 1968 SD 396 Raggers owned by him and his dad are dynamite. Bill has been an unbelievable supporter of this by way of providing local contacts in an effort to get things done. Furthermore, Paddock Chevrolet was one of our major sponsors for the event. So Bill, my thanks go out to you for everything you have done to make the first "Northern Chevelle Gathering" a success. There are a few new ideas planned for the future and we'll just have to see how they pan out.

If anybody is interested, we have a review of the event on our "CanAm Chevelle Club" website (http://www.canamchevelles.com) including pictures and award winners.

Keith Tedford
07-20-2003, 10:15 PM
We would just like to thank Don and crew for a great weekend. Despite the weather we had a great time. Just not enough of it. Thanks too, to Beaumont Bill and Paddock Chevrolet for their excellent show Saturday night. We have lots of pictures to remember the event by. We'll be back next year for sure. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif