PDA

View Full Version : MonMouth, IL Cruise Night Needs OUR Help!!!!

sYcYenko
11-15-2002, 03:42 PM
As many of you know one of the BEST car shows in the country is the Fred Gibb Memorial car show in LaHarpe, Illinois.(www.fredgibb.com). The Maple City Street machines put on a cruise and gathering Friday night before the Fred Gibb show!

To make a really Long story short some of the town people are not happy after 4 or 5 very successful years of the cruise and they want to move the Friday Night Cruise to a different date. Both the Cruise and the Fred Gibb show compliment each other! There have been ZL-1's, Copo's, Yenko's at this cruise.

We need car enthusisasts, ever if you have never been to either show to call the Monmouth city hall at (309) 734-2141 and ask for Shannon Thompson, ask her "why are you and the city messing with the success of Maple City Cruise night?" Please be nice but firm. Both of these shows compliment each other. This past August there were over 800 cars at the cruise and over 400 at Fred Gibb.

Please take a few minutes and let Shannon Thompson at the Monmouth City Hall know that we dont want the cruise date moved.

Please feel free to email me at www.batterytoppers.com (http://www.batterytoppers.com) if you have any questions.

Thankyou so much

Carl Stuber

ORIGLS6
11-15-2002, 04:35 PM
I'm on it, Carl. Thanks for the heads up. Does Kenny Brown know about this yet?

sYcYenko
11-15-2002, 08:09 PM
I do not know. I just received a Frantic call from Steve Albert that the CITY is messing with a wonderful thing. This could also deeply affect the Fred Gibb show. Anybody that you know, Please have them call even if they dont attend the show. Thankyou so much!

68 COPO II
11-15-2002, 08:22 PM
I emailed Kenny Brown.
Carl thanks for the news.
Dennis C. thanks for the email.
I'll call right now.

ORIGLS6
11-15-2002, 10:03 PM
We'll spread the word down here. I just heard from Kenny and he was not aware of it. HE IS NOW!

mayor_b
11-16-2002, 01:28 AM
/ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif thanks for the comments, I think everything is taken care of. Hope to see several of you in Chicago

Schonyenko2
11-16-2002, 04:27 PM
Is this thing settled, or do we need to do more calling? Later, Schonye

mayor_b
11-16-2002, 06:21 PM
I think everything is A OK. We will keep everyone posted. happy holidays