PDA

View Full Version : 1969 Yenko Nova ?

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
11-19-2002, 08:30 PM
I was looking at Ed's COPO Connection site, specifically at the '69 Yenko Novas section, and noticed he lists a Daytona Yellow Yenko Nova in '69. I never knew there was a D-Yellow Yenko Nova, what's the scoop??

Stefano
11-19-2002, 09:05 PM
Marlin,
The story I have heard is that it was an unsold Yenko Chevrolet Unit which was transfered to Fencil Tufo Chevrolet/'Mr. Ed to sell in the 1970 Model year.

This may be where the 'Urban Legend' of the L72 factory Fencil-Tufo COPO Novas originated?

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
11-19-2002, 09:18 PM
If the story is true, it must have been a special paint car since Daytona Yellow wasn't available on the Novas. I wonder why Yenko couldn't sell it? They sold several of the other '69 Yenko Novas, it seems the participating dealers had a little more difficulty selling them though.

Does anyone have more of the Mr Ed story, a VIN or paperwork? Could it actually be a '70 Yenko Nova? F-Tufo did receive a Sunflower Yellow 4speed Deuce, that had an interesting story behind it. If Mr. Ed recalls any significant bits of info on the yellow '69, we might be able to compare notes to rule out the possibility of it being a '70.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
11-22-2002, 08:28 PM
Stefano;
Do you recall any more of the Fencl Tufo Yenko Nova story? Body color, engine size, etc... Was it raced?

Stefano
11-22-2002, 10:40 PM
Marlin,
I do know the difference between a 1969 427 Yenko Nova and 1970 350 Yenko Deuce. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smirk.gif (approx $200,000) /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
11-25-2002, 12:23 PM
Thanks Steve, that's a big help.

Ed Cunneen
12-09-2002, 05:19 PM
I purchased the complete engine from the owner of the Yellow Yenko Nova many years ago. The father made him put a small block in the car. The engine was CE coded, and went to a collector when I sold him my blue Yenko. I do not remember the owner saying if it was Butternut Yellow or Daytona Yellow. The Yenko was later totaled in an accident. One of the guys that works at D&R Classics knew of the car and said he may have paperwork on it, but I never received a copy.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
12-09-2002, 05:40 PM
Thanks Ed, I was wondering about that car for awhile. Butternut Yellow was available on the Novas in '69, I don't see too many of them around but they were built. The story about the accident is probably coincidental, but the Sunflower Yellow Deuce was totalled in an accident by the owners wife sometime in the later '70's - not in IL though. Belky was the guy who found the prior owner of this Deuce, and it's related stories. I think he's still in Davenport (?).

Any other details about this car's history after it was sold with the small block in it?