PDA

View Full Version : Yenko Camaros and Deuces

BillW
11-22-2002, 02:54 PM
I have a few questions about Yenko cars and I was hoping some of you could help. If a Yenko Camaro was an automatic, I believe they had a Hurst Dual Gate shifter. Does this mean they were originally a column shift car? Also, did Yenko Deuces have carpeting or were they delivered with a rubber floor mat? Also, I have pictures of my 1973 Nickey Nova to post but could use a little direction in how to do that. Any help, answers, and direction is greatly appreciated. Thank you, Bill W.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
11-22-2002, 05:20 PM
Bill;
The Yenko Deuce Novas were all rubber mat cars. The automatic Deuces came with column shift, as did the '69 automatic Yenko cars. Yenko converted the cars to floor shifters in '69 & '70 - usually. We know one a/t Deuce showed up at Londoff chev. with the Hurst shifter in the trunk. The '69 a/t Yenko cars received Hurst Dual Gate shifters. The '70 a/t Yenko cars received the Hurst Power Stick shifter as standard, and the Dual Gate was an extra cost option.

So, if you look at a '69 or '70 a/t Yenko, you will find the 'nub' on the steering column where the column shifter used to be.

bbdon
11-22-2002, 08:06 PM
If you would like to have pictures of your car posted here, then send me an email with the picture files attatched and I will be happy to post them for you. I am very curious about your car myself. The way that I post pictures, there is not the usual 50kb size limitation, so don't worry about size. If you click on my name in blue next to my post, it will give you my email address. You have to delete the "remove me first", and any extra spaces from the email address to make it work though.