PDA

View Full Version : NHTSA /GM RECALLS

JChlupsa
11-26-2002, 06:38 PM
NHSTA RECAL # 02V121 and GM Recall # 02016. Dont know who out there might have this vehicle but I bet somone pulls a trailer with one.
2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer/GMC Envoy and Olds Bravada. Number Involved 60,044

On certain sport utility vehicles, the fuel filter fitting can become disconnected. It this were to occur as the driver was attempting to start the engine, the engine would fail to start and the fuel would be pumped out onto the ground. If the fuel filter fitting became disconnected while the engine was running, the engine would stop, which would cause the loss of power steering. Also, if an ignition source was present, fuel leaking from the disconnected fuel filter fitting could cause a fire.

Lets see now if it comes disconnected while running and gas hits the hot exhaust manifolds I see a big fire!!

Seattle Sam
11-26-2002, 09:57 PM
Got that letter sitting on my desk, one of these days I gotta take the TrailBlazer in for service!
Thanks Hawaiian!
-Sam

Rat_Pack
11-27-2002, 05:12 AM
Jeff, thanks for the heads up on this one! I just notified a friend about it and he has yet to see anything from GM.............RatPack....................

JChlupsa
11-27-2002, 05:21 AM
The Magazine I get at work had a whole back page of Vehicle recalls that were recently announced and this one caught my eye as a tow Vehicle. so I thought I would post it