PDA

View Full Version : Info for Mass/Calif and GA residents

JChlupsa
11-27-2002, 08:40 PM
http://www.worldwidecamaro.com/html/nationalvoice_oct02.shtml

Chevy454
12-02-2002, 03:10 PM
I stayed away from this thread as long as I could, simply because there are some California residents on this board, and I was afraid of stepping on some toes. But, I must post...

I've been following the progress of AB 1493, and was sickened to learn that it was given the go-ahead. Think this doesn't affect those of us that don't live in Cali? Think again...remember, they were the ones who mandated electric vehicles (which STILL haven't panned out), and the only notable accomplishment so far is higher auto prices. As vague as this bill is about stating it's objective and it's approach, guess who it puts in charge? That's right, our good buddies at C.A.R.B.! So, what's the big deal? Well, instead of California imposing a fuel tax, or lowering it's speed limit (which would ONLY effect California residents), they are again (remember the electric vehicle thing?) trying to impose regulations that will have a trickle down effect on the ENTIRE COUNTRY (meaning new cars will cost more).

Although this bill has no direct outline for how it's gonna reduce C02 output, it's more than likely just another approach at raising fuel economy regulations, which is ILLEGAL, as only the Feds can determine that. But, as we all know, some of what California does, whether right or wrong, is picked up by other states, which is bad news for you and me. I like what a couple of different columnists covering this bill have stated: any additional costs the manufacturers incur should be added on to the automobiles sold in California. They made their bed, let THEM lie in it.

Support SEMA!!!!

GRB
12-02-2002, 10:21 PM
These people get what they want incrementally. It's usually too late before people realize what they have lost. These AlGore type nuts won't be happy until we are all driving electric coffins.

L78Impala
12-03-2002, 04:43 AM
"ELECTRIC COFFIN"
.....how convenient. /ubbthreads/images/icons/shocked.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/shocked.gif

GRB
12-03-2002, 02:57 PM
Yep, and with one-size-fits-all convenient burial sites located every 200 yards on all heavily traveled two-lane roads. Sounds morbid? Wait and watch the death toll rise as cars get smaller and smaller. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif