PDA

View Full Version : Could it be?? A '71 B/M PH3 Camaro has died??!

55chevy
12-02-2002, 11:57 AM
Does anyone have info on this car?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1873574164

whitetop
12-02-2002, 01:03 PM
There are 2-3 comments in the sellers remarks that make me think he just picked this stuff up at swapmeets. Last couple lines sounds like he's not even sure what the parts came off so he trial fitted them on his '71.
Dave

70 copo
12-03-2002, 02:28 AM
I pity the fool who bid the $1500.00 on this junk. I looked at this stuff at the Springfield Ohio swap meet 3 weeks ago. He was asking $150.00 for the hood at that time. It is a "real" piece of junk. The chop gun work on the underside of the hood was too late to be authentic 1971 B/M. The overall condition of the hood was-Broken, bondo all over,and heavy primer-to cover the rest of the flaws. As for the credability of the seller, I completly agree with Whitetop on the origin of the remaining parts for sale. After the seller was asked about what happened to the car, and details of the car, he got evasive and sketchy. The hood was not worth $25.00- in-fact you would have had to pay me to take it. Buyer Beware-Big time. /ubbthreads/images/icons/mad.gif

55chevy
12-03-2002, 04:30 AM
I got the same impression when I requested the pics he says he has.. All of a sudden he was having trouble "uploading" the pics.. How hard is it to attach a few pics to an email?? I've never had any problems.. I figured it was just junk.. I mean didn't just about every '70-'72 Camaro have side pipes and L88 hoods mounted to them at least one point in their lives during the seventies?? There were a lot of them to be sure. It would be pretty hard to trace a single bent sidepipe and a busted up molested fiberglass hood back as original B/M. Ed