PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Super Stock Video?

DarrenX33
12-04-2002, 01:31 PM
I have been looking into purchasing some vintage Super Stock videos from the late 60's early 70's. Ideally I would like to find video of Strickler, Harrell, Jenkins and Barnhart /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif . I have seen a few different vendors. Just wondering if anyone can recommend a good one(s).

Stefano
12-04-2002, 02:50 PM
Darren,
Bring the video camera to the reunion and you can see/shoot Barnhart'ZL1 and "Little Hoss" making passes as well as any other Super Cars which choose to do so.

There have been a few Serious COPO 1/4 milers recently imported to the Chicago area /ubbthreads/images/icons/wink.gif

DarrenX33
12-04-2002, 03:13 PM
Next year for sure. If I didn't sleep late /ubbthreads/images/icons/shocked.gif the morning of the SCR5 drags......

whitetop
12-04-2002, 03:44 PM
Darren
I purchased 4-5 video tapes from a company called Gold Dust Classics about 10 years ago. I do not think they are no longer in business. They were narrated by Skip Norman and were originally shot by Woody Hatten who I believed worked for Super Stock magazine at one time. Some nice footage of Jenkins Camaro, Wally Booth, Lots of Dodge/Plymouth like S&M, Vanke, Landy cars etc. One tape is called Birth of Pro Stock and goes from '70 to '74 or so. Another is a compilation of the Indy nationals. Lots of mix on the tapes but mostly SS, Pro Stock with a heavy mix of F/C's. There is some top fuel/gas cars etc. Video goes from '65-'67, 68-'70 on up to '78. I thought I read somewhere that someone had taken over the business but I'm not sure who. Probably do a internet search. Past Lane Auto out of New York offered the tapes at one time.
Dave

DarrenX33
12-04-2002, 03:58 PM
I found a place called Dayton Motorsports. Looks like they carry a nice selection of vintage race video. Some of it even on DVD.

x44d80
12-05-2002, 11:36 PM
Whitetop, doe's the "Birth of ProStock" have the 1970 Winternationals in Pomona on it? Brent