PDA

View Full Version : Yenko Deuce Gauge Set On Ebay

MotownMadman
12-15-2002, 06:03 AM
70 Yenko Deuce gauge set on ebay, item # 1874912679 if anyone is interested.
Motown /ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif

MikeA
12-16-2002, 11:49 AM
Yenko Deuce Gauge Set (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&mfcisapicommand=ViewItem&it em=1874912679)

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
12-16-2002, 01:15 PM
Hey B;
Where's the needle on the Temp guage?
Nice pic of the Deuce from the brochure.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
12-16-2002, 04:33 PM
Brandon informed me that the needle is there, it's just tucked up out of range until power is put to it.

NWYENKO
12-16-2002, 07:18 PM
Is it safe to assume the oil pressure gauge is mechanical and the temp gauge electrical?? How difficult is it to locate a sending unit that will work with the temp? I would like to have these for the Deuce but not if a sending unit is difficult to find. /ubbthreads/images/icons/confused.gif Thanks, Jim

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
12-16-2002, 08:13 PM
Jim;
I have a couple of sets of NOS Dixco guages like these, I'll check for the sending unit to see what it looks like. I checked my pics of Yenko's with guages, I think the bezels might be woodgrained like Schoneye's or pebble grained like Tommy K's, (not sure how many of each type actually were installed by Yenko), and the DIXCO on each guage is in red vs. white. These are very nice guages none-the-less.

whitetop
12-16-2002, 09:52 PM
NWYenko
Reputable gauge repair companies can sometimes make a sending unit for gauges that are missng the original. Bob's Speedometer out fo Farmingtom Hills Michigan is one for instance.Check out Hemmings under Services offered for more.
Dave

hvychev
12-17-2002, 05:56 AM
I recently talked to Dan Beliles at Williamsons gauge repair and they told me that the sending units for these old oil preassure gauges are VERY hard to find. They in most cases have to convert them to mechanical units. I know the cost for a Sun gauge conversion is around $150. Dixco I don't know.

www.williamsons.com (http://www.williamsons.com)

MotownMadman
12-17-2002, 07:12 AM
I know a guy who has been scraping muscle cars and so called strret machines for years, he saves everything. I will check with him prior to auction end to find out about sending units, any luck I will get back tp you. Motown /ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif