PDA

View Full Version : Motion emblems

jon rand
01-25-2003, 06:45 PM
I am in need of 2 more motion emblems. I will take 1 at at a time if thats all I can find. I would perfer original but will take reproduction. Thanks for any help, Jon.

COPO
01-25-2003, 09:27 PM
Jon, if your car is a legit Motion, you can still buy these directly from Joel Rosen.

jon rand
01-26-2003, 06:26 PM
I have plenty of documentation to legitmize this car. I just dont want to shell out $1,500 bucks so I can buy a couple emblems. I'm sure you have to pay Joel before he'll sell you any parts. It's more important to finish my car than have a peice of paper. As for now i'm satisfied with the paperwork I have. If I ever sell it i'm sure i'l have to shell out the cash to get joel's paperwork

whitetop
01-26-2003, 07:15 PM
Jon
I'm going to play devils advocate. What if God forbid Joel dies next week or experiences a major fire and all records destroyed. Below is what your negligence of paying $1500 will cost you. This "transaction" is on page 2 of any Economics 101 textbook under "Opportunity Cost".

'73 Camaro w/Motion parts = $15-25k on a good day.

'73 Camaro w/Motion parts+ JOELS OFFICIAL PAPERWORK = $100-150K

Cost of Joel paperwork -$1500

Difference $85-125K

Where today could you get that kind of return from a measly $1500?
By the way, PBS had a show last year on how to forge paperwork and make it look old/authentic. In the day of fake cashiers checks etc. Your paperwork is not worth the paper it's printed on (sorry for the cliche)

Dave

COPO
01-26-2003, 08:15 PM
I have to agree w/whitetop. I would get the authentication letter from Joel ASAP before I spent another dime on the car. In the event of total loss of the car due to theft, fire, etc. you had better have it.

jon rand
01-27-2003, 06:10 PM
I can definetly understand what you guy's are saying. I know it's a mistake but I have to finish this car first. Well I guess I don't have to but i've been pushing this thing around my shop for over 5 years now and it's getting old. I've bet I put 200 miles on it and never left the shop. So if it kills me it will be done by april, all I have left to do is unbolt all the body panels,paint,reassemble,install the interior,glass,crome and moldings,put the engine and trans back in,headlight and tail light harness and some little things. I think that should about do it. Yes Dave I probably will regret not getting Joel's paperwork now but that's a chance i'll have to take,I dont have a neverending wallet like alot of people here, so it's one or the other.

Charley Lillard
01-27-2003, 06:47 PM
It sounds like you have plenty of paperwork to verify it as a real Motion car. Why don't you just contact Joel and tell him what you have. Maybe he will remember the car and just sell you the Emblems. I have never heard that he wants to charge the 1500.00 just to sell Motion Emblems, just that he only wants the parts going to real Motion cars. If you give him what you have and the vin he can probably verify it as a real car and sell you the Emblems without having to send you a letter. Never hurts to ask.

jon rand
01-27-2003, 10:53 PM
I tried it Charley, e-mailed Joel today,just have to wait for an anser

Mr70
01-28-2003, 01:00 AM
Please let us know here what happens with Joel..
Finger crossed. /ubbthreads/images/icons/smile.gif

COPO
01-28-2003, 01:30 AM
Joel is in the process of moving to FL so it might take longer than normal for a response.