PDA

View Full Version : SPACE SHUTTLE COLUMBIA

mhassett
02-01-2003, 03:23 PM
Columbia Space Shuttle DISINTEGRATES over Texas!!! Let us Pray for the Families of the (7) CREW MEMBERS that were on Board.... At a LOSE for Words... Mark /ubbthreads/images/icons/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

Belair62
02-01-2003, 05:53 PM
Horrible tragedy....just minutes from ending on a safe note. I heard they were at 200,000 feet at mach 18....We can only rely on faith that they were mercifully cradled on their way to whatever Heaven they believed in.

Chevy454
02-01-2003, 06:21 PM
Very well put, Belair. Truly a sad day.

JTH74
02-01-2003, 06:26 PM
True Heros! Godspeed! Prayers and thoughts to their families <font color="red"> </font color> <font color="red"> </font color>

JChlupsa
02-01-2003, 07:20 PM
Toughts and prayers go out to the familes and those all involved in the mission. Its harder when you play a part of the Space Program. When the Challenger blew up right after launch i was at Moron Spain, sitting on the runway in a C-141 in case it needed to make an emergance landing somewhere in Europe. Needless to say it never made it across the Atlantic. I retired and went to work at Edwards as a NASA Contractor and meet two fo the crew members that lost their lives over Texas when the Columbia broke apart. having worked on that baby and knowing folks on the mission and on the ground crews, makes it even worse.
For some of you that dont know the shuttle after in orbit flys upside down and backwards at just over 18,000 MPH and has to flip over and right itself when preparing to land.

Again the flag in front of my home is at half staff where it will remain as such for 7 days, one for each onboard

69rsz28
02-01-2003, 07:37 PM
Truely a tragedy and a sad day for us all. We should all remember to hug and kiss our loved ones and tell them they are loved for we are not guaranteed tomorrow. We will pray for them and their families. /ubbthreads/images/icons/frown.gif

RonNova396L34
02-01-2003, 08:29 PM
Truely tragic. I can still remember watching Challenger explode on TV. What a horrible feeling that was. I'm glad I didn't witness this one live again. My sympathies to all families.
Ron

CWilliams
02-02-2003, 01:04 AM
Thoughts and prayers to the families and to all who knew or had contact the program and with the crew.

BBIGG BLOCK 396
02-02-2003, 04:43 AM
My thoughts and Prayers go out to all the Crew of The Space Shuttle and their families.Truly a sad day,such a tragedy!If all of us only knew the service these Astronauts provide for America To keep us safe.

Bobby

Souperhigh
02-02-2003, 05:19 AM
May their families find peace knowing these brave heroes are now in Heaven.May God Bless each and every member of their families and May God Bless America, and Canada Too!!!