PDA

View Full Version : Rule #1; No Bashing

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
02-05-2003, 05:50 PM
Hey Stefano;
Isn't there something new we can disagree on here? Some issue we can debate in a 'non-bashing' way? It's getting quiet on the discussion front /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif People are asking why I haven't started any 'fights' in the last few weeks /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif (I never actually started them BTW /ubbthreads/images/icons/blush.gif )

Why don't we hash out if it's more correct to install a totalled Yenko engine into another Yenko leaving the stampings alone, vs. restamping a decked block with the correct #'s, or something /ubbthreads/images/icons/laugh.gif

Belair62
02-05-2003, 06:02 PM
Don't start Marlin....and it's article 3 paragraph 40 that refers to bashing...not rule #1.Stefano is unavailable anyway....he is out in the garage reproducing the rare chromed * emblems. http://www.ls1.com/forums/images/smilies/nono.gif

JoeC
02-05-2003, 06:07 PM
I thought article 2 paragraph 47 over rides article 3 paragraph 40. This is where bashing is allowed to jump start a slow board. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

Belair62
02-05-2003, 06:31 PM
I forgot about that rule ....in that case we can come out and say stuff about Stefano with no fear of reprisal from Rob..

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
02-05-2003, 07:20 PM
Aw-'cmon, can't a Yenko Deuce guy instigate something here?
/ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

'I think the clock is slow',
'I don't feel tardy', /ubbthreads/images/icons/confused.gif

Belair62
02-05-2003, 07:29 PM
Sorry but under article 72 you are not allowed to instigate a bashing UNLESS you have a verified displacement over 350 cubic inches.However you are allowed to ADD to a bashing post that is in progress. Please go to Supercar Discussions and join the Charlotte NC car show thread.

RonNova396L34
02-05-2003, 07:40 PM
Hey Marlin,
Thats from "Hot For Teacher" song by Van Halen. Cool Video too. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/ooo.gif
The "oooo" smiley is singing it. /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/ooo.gif

Belair62
02-05-2003, 07:47 PM
Who is this Van Halen guy ? http://www.ls1.com/forums/images/smilies/headbang.gif

RonNova396L34
02-05-2003, 07:54 PM
Belair,
Two brothers Alex and Eddie Van Halen. They were two of the original members from the Hard Rock band Called "Van Halen" David Lee Roth was the lead singer and went on to a solo career. Michael Anthony was the bass player. Eddie Van Halen was sort of the leader in the hammer on style of guitar playing. They also did a remake of the song "Pretty Woman", I'm sure everybody knows that song.
Ron /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

COPO PETE
02-05-2003, 07:55 PM
.... reach down between my legs..............and ease the seat back......
But the question at hand is..... If you take a 427 out of a real Yenko Camaro that is totalled and put it in
a Jack Douglas Camaro....Does that make it more a Yenko??????
Peter /ubbthreads/images/icons/tongue.gif

BTW Marlin..... looks like you have a good discussion going on at the Buick site!

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
02-05-2003, 08:06 PM
Maaan, here I am tryin to be serious and Pete's 'reaching down...' (to get a beer!) /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif

I wasn't particularly referring to installing it in Douglass car, but that scenario might make it an even better topic - so long as it doesn't pull us back to that other topic /ubbthreads/images/icons/shocked.gif

PS; The other board discussion topic is a fun one, I actually called Neal to make sure I had my facts straight! That topic is old-hat for us, we nailed it down in '97 - when we were proposing what would be allowed in Stanton.

RonNova396L34
02-05-2003, 08:13 PM
Copo,
Isn't that from "Panama"? Right group though /ubbthreads/images/icons/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/ooo.gif
Singing again.. /ubbthreads/images/icons/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/ooo.gif

Belair62
02-05-2003, 08:43 PM
Have you seen juniors grades ????

RonNova396L34
02-05-2003, 08:48 PM
CLASS DISMISSED.
And then he lites up the tires on that blown roadster.
Ron /ubbthreads/images/icons/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/icons/ooo.gif

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
02-05-2003, 08:59 PM
Junior's Grades? Isn't that from Running with the Devil?

Charley Lillard
02-05-2003, 09:04 PM
You Guys Suck.........

Belair62
02-05-2003, 09:05 PM
Cabin fever Chas.

RonNova396L34
02-05-2003, 09:06 PM
Marlin,
I think that is from "And the Cradle will rock" kind of appropriate song right now don't you think?

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
02-05-2003, 09:30 PM
Ahhh, yes, you are correct Ron. Who's the cryer in cradle we're rockin? (charley?) /ubbthreads/images/icons/cool.gif

He's upset because he opened this thread hoping to see some bashing, and....

COPO PETE
02-05-2003, 09:59 PM
I DO NOT suck...... my dads bigger than your dad!
Peter

Z28DZ
02-06-2003, 03:26 PM
Hey look - Jamie's cryin'. Where do I get a copy of these "articles". It's easier to play the game when you know the rules....and then again, maybe not /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif .

hvychev
02-06-2003, 03:28 PM
BTW I unearthed a 1969 Yenko Chevelle in a garage in the sticks out here in Ilinois. I think that it might have * origins.

Belair62
02-06-2003, 03:37 PM
Uh Oh...better get Stefano!!! Hope it is another Y-Chevelle found.What color is it ?

hvychev
02-06-2003, 05:02 PM
Judging by the lack of responses no one appreciates my tasteless humor! I was just trying to get the blood flowing. Hey guys what did you expect? Do you think that if I really found a Yenko Chevelle I would reveal it in a thread where the kids are singing Van Halen songs??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Belair62
02-06-2003, 05:07 PM
I know you would have let everyone here know the address if you did find one...so they can help verify it for you .. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

RonNova396L34
02-06-2003, 05:20 PM
Frank,
Kids?? I guess we're all kids at heart. Some of us sure would want to go back to the earlier days and hold on to some of those (rare) cars. "I'm your Ice Cream man stop me when I'm passing by."
Belair, I don't think I've seen you list a Javalin yet. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hvychev
02-06-2003, 05:22 PM
Hey belair, speaking of Stefano and Douglas wouldn't it be cool if Stefano could get Jack Douglas to join the site. His user name could be simply *. Just like that singer that has a symbol for a name that kind of looks like &. You know the artist formerly known as Prince? Well Jack could be just *. The supercar dealer formerly known as Jack Douglas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MotownMadman
02-06-2003, 05:27 PM
"Shes Real Fine, My 409.....409" Gidde up, Gidde up!
So I am an older kid, so what?
Motown /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Belair62
02-06-2003, 05:34 PM
Ron at High School there was a brand new Mark Donohue Javelin running around that beat most of thecars at school. There were some Chevelles,GTO's and MoPars that got quite a surprise..not sure what year the car was..had to be 70 to 72...There was a 4 speed 69 to 71 Grand Prix I think it was Hurst SSJ or something.

MotownMadman
02-06-2003, 05:38 PM
Belair, I had a silver/black 70 LS-6 in high school, busted the bellhousing on the turbo 400 and the trans spun upside down, (M-50 tires), sold the car in 73 for $900! Agggh!
Motown /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

NWYENKO
02-06-2003, 05:41 PM
I must really be an old kid. There is a thread on the Team Camaro site re: "your first concert" Out of 60+ posts I was the only one to list a concert in the early 60's. 1964 Beach Boys at the Seattle Colliseum. Attended with my "current spouse, LaDonna" for her 17th birthday (we WERE NOT married at the time!) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Jim (don't tell her I revealed her age) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

RonNova396L34
02-06-2003, 05:42 PM
Belair,
There actually are several of them in town here(javalins) One family owns several. You never see them being driven though. Only out at car shows and then only one particular show here in New Ulm. I think they are 390 cu in cars and 4 speeds? I think there is also an AMX club?
Ron /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

RonNova396L34
02-06-2003, 05:49 PM
NWYenko
Well my first concert was in Minneapolis and I went to see a rock band called STYX. Maybe you've heard of them?"I've got too much, Time on my hands and it's ticking away, ticking away... too much time on my hands."
Ron

Belair62
02-06-2003, 05:50 PM
There was a thread a while back with high school cars...cool stuff...I think the Grand Prix mentioned above may have been an SJX ?????

NWYENKO
02-06-2003, 06:08 PM
Ron, I thought "Styx" were part of a game we played as kids as in "pickup Styx". I also thought Van Halen was a new alternative fuel source SUV proposed by Bush!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gifJim

MotownMadman
02-06-2003, 06:09 PM
NWYENKO, First concert, Woodstock, first time drunk, at that concert, Boones Farm Apple, spent three days bent over heaving....such fond memories of youth. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Motown /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Belair62
02-06-2003, 06:11 PM
MM....did you have to bring up Boones Farm Apple ? I am getting queasy here.....Ripple was worse. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

NWYENKO
02-06-2003, 06:16 PM
Did you know that secondhand Ripple will in fact take the paint off the side of a car?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gifJim

RonNova396L34
02-06-2003, 06:30 PM
Jim,
I suppose those guys from Van Halen were on to something with their version of "alternative fuel" I suppose if you'd mount a few of those Marshall amplifiers on the back of you car and hit a cord at full volume, it would move the car forward. More amps, move faster. And to think people like to complain about loud exhaust??
Ron /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hvychev
02-06-2003, 06:32 PM
Matt all jokes aside did you really go to Woodstock!!??? I have been trying to develop a time machiene to go back in history to do just that!!

My three all time favorites.
- Jimmy Hendricks
- Janis Joplin
- Jim Morrison(Doors. Not at Woodstock.)

Do any of you know what they all had in common besides that all of there names started with J?

All died at the age of 27 of problems with controlled substances.

Oh my gosh what the hell am I talking about?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MotownMadman
02-06-2003, 07:02 PM
Frank, Yes I was a Woodstock, I didnt realize then that I was attending the concert of all concerts, actually considering my fogged state at the time I didnt realize much of anything, but I will never forget, I went with my older brother in his 68 Firebird 400, we parked about a mile away right in the road, drove as close as we could get and just left the car, it took almost two days to get out after the concert was over. I remember a 69 Camaro SS being where the fence was coming in the gate, had about 20 people sitting and standing on top of it, the roof and hood were caved in, I am sure the owner was not one of the people on top of it. I think there were more VW flowered hippie wagons there then any collection of VW's in any one place before or since. I have an 8mm movie my brother took at that concert, every time I get to wishing I was young again I watch that film and am glad to have made it out alive. ahh, the joys of youth. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
Motown /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

69rsz28
02-09-2003, 08:56 PM
Is this considered bashing? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/xcopcar/images/frogsquish.gif

Belair62
02-09-2003, 09:20 PM
Yes it is and you are fired ! http://www.ls1.com/forums/images/smilies/buttkick.gif

L78Impala
02-09-2003, 10:37 PM
Isn't there anything about "KICKING" somewhere in the rules??? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif