PDA

View Full Version : Konner Chevrolet

farone
02-07-2003, 04:52 PM
I am looking for information about Konner Chevrolet in Columbus Ohio. I have a COPO Camaro that I believe may have been sold new from there. Does anyone have any contact information? My car is only three body numbers away from another Konner sold COPO Camaro. The car is a X44 car with D80 spoilers, console, gauge, M22, Rallye wheels and AM radio. It has an 05A build date. LeMans Blue with white standard interior. Any and all replies would be greatly appreciated.. Frank

LVCamaro
02-08-2003, 02:43 AM
I don't know about a Konner Chevrolet in Columbus, Ohio, but my '69 RS COPO [#660930] was sold new at Malcolm Konner Chevrolet in Paramus, New Jersey. Records indicate it was built and shipped 6/24/69. Is it possible that's the Konner Chevrolet dealer that you're seeking info about?

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
02-10-2003, 12:05 PM
No, they are two completely different 'Konners', both sold Yenko's and COPO's.

LVCamaro
02-10-2003, 01:34 PM
Marlin; Out here in the West, that's an extremely unusual spelling of the last name [there's lots of 'Connor' and 'Conner' spellings]. I'm curious if the OH and NJ dealership owners were related, hence their "shared insight" as to how to special order the COPO combination. That relationship [if it exists] might help Frank's quest for info on the OH dealer. Just a thought...

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
02-10-2003, 02:04 PM
I understand. Those two dealerships are pretty far apart geographically, one is in Columbus, OH and the other is in Paramus, NJ a suburb of New York City. I believe the Malcom Konners situation was a result of his father splitting up his dealership amongst his three sons. I believe there are two other Konners dealerships in Paramus, NJ and the surrounding area. So, your hunch is correct for the Paramus area, not sure they were connected in '69 and '70 to the Columbus, OH area.

farone
02-10-2003, 03:08 PM
Marlin,
I talked to BKH and he told me that Bernie's Silver COPO was sold at Konners in Ohio and is only 3 body numbers away. Mine is 292777, Bernie's is 292774. The car has been in the Columbus area for well over 20+ years...Frank

olredalert
02-16-2003, 10:54 PM
----I was only at Konner Chev once way back in late 68 just after the 69 models came out.Had ordered a 69 Vette with sidepipes and it was getting delayed because of the pipes,so I started looking elsewhere.Was at Konner to look at a new black L-89 convert,but it was already in the service dept with one head off.Sort of discourged me so I left.Dealer was on the east side of town,maybe near Gahanna.That would have been too early to see any COPOs.If they had been around I would have sniffed em out though!!!!!..........Bill S

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
02-03-2004, 02:37 PM
I'm in the process of building some contacts in the Columbus (Licking County!) area since we have a startup company out there. Will search around for more Konners Chev info in the near future.

Leonard
02-05-2004, 01:49 AM
Marlin, If i can be of any help, info etc.. let me know. I live in Licking county. 30 miles east of Columbus. Been here since 1960. http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
02-05-2004, 04:26 PM
Wow! Small world! We just purchased an industrial building next to The Limited Too in the middle of a soybean field! Will be moving from an incubator sight next to OSU to this new building after the buildout is complete. I hope to spend some more time out there to 'work'!