PDA

View Full Version : My restored 70Z from Berger

zgator
02-13-2003, 12:48 AM
I bought this car off of a used car lot back in late 1970 in Grand Rapids Mich.Car is cortez silver/black stripes.Small spolier,4speed no counsel.Anyway I still have the car and moved to Savannah Ga. in 72.I have restored the car but the by Berger tag didn't make it.Does anybody know if Berger will give/sell me a new one? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gifWho would I contact?

hvychev
02-13-2003, 01:09 AM
A member of this site has I believe an original one that was on e-bay with a buy it now for $200.00. His e-bay name and sYc name is yountto.

COPO
02-13-2003, 02:51 AM
The emblems were being reproduced and avaialble in the Classic Industries catalog not too long ago. Not sure if they are still available.

zgator
02-13-2003, 10:06 PM
I called Classic today and was told they didn't carry them.He said to try Camaro Land.Anyone know about these people.This emblem is almost the last thing I need to finish this car.

barker
02-20-2003, 12:03 AM
Please give me a day or two and I will see what I can come up with for you on the "by Berger" emblem. They are very rare but we would like to help you out.
Dennis Barker
Berger Chevrolet

MotownMadman
02-20-2003, 03:39 AM
I just sold several but may have one or two more I might let go, I will check to see what I have left and re post tommorow.
Motown /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

barker
02-25-2003, 01:14 AM
70Z,
Are you still out there ? I have been trying to contact you but have not heard from you. If you are interested in the emblem please respond somehow.
Thank you.

zgator
02-25-2003, 10:16 PM
I'll try this again.Can't quite figure out this new format thing.Yes I still need one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif

zgator
02-26-2003, 12:10 AM
If anybody is interested.When I bought this car back in 70 it only had 900 miles on it.I'm not real sure how much I paid for it but the car lot wanted $3,200 and I had a 64 Nova I traded in on it.I don't remember the orignal owners name but I do remember he lived on Race st. in Grand Rapids.I thought that that was odd.The car doesn't have many options.Power brakes but not steering.And a tilt wheel.Thats it.

barker
02-26-2003, 03:01 AM
Great to hear from you!! Please send me a pm or call me on Wed at 616.437.4300.
Thanks,
Dennis

zgator
02-27-2003, 12:16 AM
Dennis,I want to call you about this however I work until 4 in the morning so when you work I sleep.I do not work fridays so is this a good day to contact you?If so I will call fri. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

barker
02-27-2003, 05:21 PM
That would be GREAT. Thanks.

RichSchmidt
11-13-2003, 02:08 AM
Just something that is sometimes forgotten,all 2nd gen Camaros that were fitted with the SS package had power brakes.There was no way around it from what I hear.If you wanted a bigblock,4speed and 12 bolt rear and nothing else they still made you get the brakes.Since a camaro could be ordered with RS/SS and Z/28,it reasons to say that an SS/ Z/28 could exist.

SuperNovaSS
11-13-2003, 02:55 AM
Are you saying that is was possible to order the SS and Z/28 options on the same car? This was not possible. Also, how is that related to this thread.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Jason

RichSchmidt
11-13-2003, 11:34 PM
70 Z was posting about having a car with odd options and mentioned manual steering and power brakes.This would have been possible with a car that was ordered for maximum performance and the owner checked off the SS option box figuring it would give him additional equipment above what the Z offered.Since SS camamros in 1970 were only available with power brakes,even a stripped down version destined for use as a race car would still be forced to have them from the factory.
As for SS and Z/28.I owned a 1970 RS/SS Z28.It had all 3 options I dont think the SS acounted for much on the package since All Z's had LT1's,and 12 bolt rears,and better suspention then an SS.The package might have added a bigger radiator or some other option the Z didnt have,as well as some small visual differance.Mine was a factory blue with white stripes 4 speed on black interior car with 3.31 gears.I got it as a roller/ex street race car,and aded a mild 454 and super T10 to the original 33,000 mile mint body.It did have all 3 performance packages,and was factory delivered with manual steering and power brakes.I was just adding some interesting trivia about how his car was optioned the way it was.

zgator
11-14-2003, 04:12 AM
After re-reading my post I forgot the mention that it had a tilt wheel.It was a bear to drive but I was young and thought it was cool to man handle it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

MadMike
11-14-2003, 04:24 AM
It was impossible to combine the SS and Z28 options, they conflicted since both were suspension and engine packages.

You could have a RS/Z28 (or a RS/SS), but not a SS/Z28.
Power brakes were mandatory with either option, as was the heavy duty suspension. among other things. Ordering either a Z28 or a SS put some nice options on the car automatically.

Mr. T
11-14-2003, 09:33 AM
A triple optioned 70 Camaro (R/S, SS, Z28)? Now that is a new one!