PDA

View Full Version : nascar at the rock

musclcar
02-23-2003, 06:53 PM
has anyone been watching the race ,man jr. can not catch a break at all.a damage to a fender,flat tire, brake problems and now he spun out.also the stands look so empty there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

69rsz28
02-23-2003, 09:14 PM
I had to work today so I didn't get to watch it. Doesn't look like I missed much. Sure hated to see that Jarrett was the winner. Jimmie Johnson was the only chevy in the top 10 and none of the DEI cars did better than 21th with Jr. finishing 33rd. He's gonna have to do better on the short tracks if he's gonna contend for the championship. Maybe next week.

Don_Lightfoot
02-23-2003, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
also the stands look so empty there /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting, maybe a lot of other people feel like me after that farse at Daytona last week. Don't know how long it might take before I watch another race /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif

Sorry for my vent, but that's the way I feel.

Jeff H
02-24-2003, 12:58 AM
Jr is having some tough luck already this year. A blown tire, 2 spin outs. It made for an interesting race since they didn't have practice yesterday due to the rain. I knew Daytona was never gonna race the full distance based on the weather forecast. I only watch Nascar when the weather is too lousy to be outside, once it warms up I won't catch another race unless it's raining.

Tommy
02-24-2003, 03:00 AM
I enjoy listening to the races on the radio while out in the garage. Especially when Eli Gold used to call the races. That's one busy man He calls the Alabama football and basketball games and use to fly from the games and then do the nascar races as well. I thnk he only has his weekly nascar show now. Anyway, I like games and races on radio.
Tommy

HoosierDaddy
02-26-2003, 12:29 AM
I was at the race. Did the TV broadcast show the Army Spec Ops parachute team(Black Daggers,I think was their name)in the pre race show? It was a windy day,35 mph wind gusts.I think 8 guys jumped, 2 landed on target,1 in the parking lot,1 on the track right in front of me, he broke his leg, the rest ended up in the garage area. The ones that landed in the garage area got the worst. They had some really nasty landings. Looked like they took 3 out in ambulances, and air lifted another out. The rest were treated at the infield care center. The paper said they were all in good condition. I felt sorry for them. Glad to see they will be ok. Brave men /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif who were asked to perform on a day they shouldn't have.

Later, Chris