PDA

View Full Version : old baldwin motion employee

musclcar
03-02-2003, 01:39 AM
at a car show today and a gentleman came up to me after noticing the motion performance decal on my windshield.he asked me if it was a real one, i said i'm building a clone.that started a 2 hour conversation with him and it was very interesting.he told me all about the shop on sunrise highway,the events at the stadium and the baby lion that was left in the shop over the weekend.he said his brother knows joel very well, in all i really enjoyed talking to him i wish i remembered his name though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif

djunod
03-02-2003, 01:23 PM
Interesting. You should interview him and write it up. Would make for interesting reading.

There's a guy here in the Augusta area that used to do the body conversions, including the Maco, for Motion. He used to live in NJ and worked in a shop there that did the work for Joel. I haven't talked to him in a few years now though, so don't know if he's still around.

MadMike
03-07-2003, 06:58 PM
He still likes exotic pets. I had to sleep next to some (nocturnal) monkey/racoon thing from South America recently and he was facinated to see me. He was throwing stuff at me all night long. Cute thing (for a couple minutes). In the morning mrs. rosen wheeled the thing back outside and the bastard slept all day. I wanted to go knock the heck out of its cage. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif LET'S PLAY NOW FOO-FOO!!!!

JoeC
03-07-2003, 09:13 PM
Mike, When we were there Joel showed us this bird that he said lives for somthing like 90 years. The next day it died. It was sick when we saw it and they were all worried about it.

djunod
03-09-2003, 02:13 PM
Mike, what was he throwing at you that he had such a good supply of? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Not what monkey's usually throw, I hope /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Sounds like it is never boring when you visit!

Belair62
03-09-2003, 09:07 PM
Was it a Bandicoot throwing poo ?