PDA

View Full Version : e bay

Norm reynolds
03-11-2003, 12:34 PM
I am trying to sell some things on e bay and for the life of me I can not figure out
how to find the shipping charge I was playing with it last night I know it helps to know the zip code its going to but I see that many people have the shipping charge up front
How do you know what the charge will be with out a zip code
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

whitetop
03-11-2003, 02:06 PM
Reynolds
You do not have to list what the shipping charges will be in your auction. If you are selling car parts just say the high bidder will pay actual ups shipping charges in the item description. After the auction have them send you their city & zip. You can go to www.ups.com (http://www.ups.com) to figure the charges. The shipping charges are usually dead on as long as you give correct box size, weight etc. If an item is bulky but lightweight, you may be charged an ups oversize charge-but that will show up in the rate page on ups site. Beware of sending them a price based upon the ups website and then ship from a Mailboxes etc. type of shipper. These places add their very hefty cut/profit on top. I take my stuff directly to a UPS customer counter.

bbdon
03-11-2003, 02:18 PM
I find that people like to know up front what the shipping charge is going to be. Since I live in California, I weigh my item, then I use the shipping rate calculator to figure the rate to Chicago. Round up to the nearest buck. If they live nearby, I either make a profit on the shipping, or I may ship priority with the extra money. If they live in Florida, I may lose a couple of bucks on shipping. I've never had a complaint, but If someone wants to worry about the shipping amount, I can just get them a custom quote. I usually use Post office Parcel post, figure the rate at http://www.usps.gov
For heavier items, UPS is better, and they have a shipping rate calculator too.

whitetop
03-11-2003, 02:28 PM
Another way is to list your city and zip, weight of package and dimensions. That way each prospective bidder can go to ups and figure his shipping cost based on where he lives. Then he can decide how much to bid.

Norm reynolds
03-11-2003, 11:10 PM
Thanks for your hellp