PDA

View Full Version : Out of Winter and into Spring the right way

JChlupsa
03-13-2003, 10:35 PM
http://www.co.honolulu.hi.us/cameras/waikiki_beach/waikiki.htm

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif

Mr70
03-13-2003, 10:56 PM
Jeff..
I still think you are living in a Trailer home up in Canada. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Belair62
03-13-2003, 11:39 PM
Cruel.........

JChlupsa
03-13-2003, 11:53 PM
Trailer nah, maybe someday a log home up that way would be nice though. another question for you what states are the furthest North/East/South and West? No cheating by looking at a map either

http://akweathercams.faa.gov/wxcams/wxcampublic.php?Location=Kodiak

Jeff Murphy
03-14-2003, 12:11 AM
North = Alaska
West = Alaska
East = Alaska
South = Hawaii

I've always liked that one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif

JChlupsa
03-14-2003, 12:15 AM
Can I say the only reason you got that right is because of your fist name /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

COMPASS POINTS
Alaska boasts the northernmost (Point Barrow), the easternmost (Pochnoi Point on Semisopochnoi Island in the Aleutians), and the westernmost (Amatignak Island in the Aleutians) points in the United States.

And of course my trailer down here on the beach in Hawaii

Jeff Murphy
03-14-2003, 12:19 AM
Lot of pissed off people in Quoddy Point, Maine right now. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

SuperCars
03-14-2003, 12:36 AM
Man, I was just showing my daughter the live Waikiki Beach camera, listening to Hula music, dreaming of wanting to be there; and then comes the next shock treatment of my old hometown of Kodiak, UGH! Too many years staring at that cold place in the winter. Actually still have a home there. But it's not visible in the pictures, as those are situated around the US Coast Guard base there.

JChlupsa
03-14-2003, 12:43 AM
http://www.akmining.com/webcams.htm
just in case your homesick some other cams within AK

SS427
03-14-2003, 01:40 AM
Jeff,
Thanks for the reminders. I wanted to go back to Maui again this year over spring break but the wife decided on Jamaica instead. I was upset until we watched the travel channel last week and we are going to be very near the 3rd most popular spring break hangout in the world. Better get darker sunglasses. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif
Rick

NCGuy68
03-14-2003, 08:20 PM
Good geographical thread going here. This question made this Southern boy think:

'What Country lays South of Detroit'?

No fair looking at a map.....

Mr70
03-14-2003, 08:22 PM
Where Jeffs Trailer home is....Canada /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JChlupsa
03-14-2003, 08:30 PM
Thats my summer home /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif

? in this country to get from the East coast to the West coast you have to go North to South when traveling by water. What country is it???? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

Seattle Sam
03-25-2003, 04:51 PM
Mr70,
I just visited Jeff, he is /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif DEFINITELY /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif not in Canada! He and Marcel have some interesting items "up on blocks" next to the ol' trailer, too! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

Jeff,
"Mahalo" for your hospitality, I hope to return the favor when you visit our big show in Seattle this August! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

-Seattle Sam

JChlupsa
03-25-2003, 06:25 PM
Sam Great to meet you also. Wish you didnt post the pic of my trailer though now I wont be able to get rid of the next guests

I wish that was my place. For those that dont know. The pic is of THE ONLY Royal Palace on US Soil. The Hawaiian King and Queen and family lived there until the Queen was locked up and The Kingdom of Hawaii became a part of the US /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

DjD
04-01-2003, 07:27 PM
I heard Jeff's biographical story was made into a movie staring Lucy and Desi... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif
http://shopping.yahoo.com/video/images/muze/vhs/bg/60/116060.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

JChlupsa
05-06-2003, 05:43 AM
No one wants to play. Rep of Panama, throught the Panama Canal.

another one for the fisherman out there. Lake Michigan is all withing the USA whats the next largest lake after Lake Michigan, which is also all within the USA???

Seattle Sam
05-06-2003, 06:18 PM
Jeff,
Is it the Great Salt Lake in Utah?
-Sam /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

JChlupsa
05-06-2003, 06:45 PM
Nope wrong state altoghther

LVCamaro
05-06-2003, 07:59 PM
Lake Shasta?
Lake Mead?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

JChlupsa
05-06-2003, 08:41 PM
Sorry but not them. It, along with another one of the top 5 largest lakes with its boundries within the US are in the same state. have to go farther west.