PDA

View Full Version : Walters Chevrolet in Hebron, OH (or sometimes good things happen...)

Jeff Murphy
03-13-2003, 11:40 PM
After looking at Tom's Yenko and Charley's ZL-1 at the Reunion I was interested in finding the dealer emblem for my COPO (November Feature Car), but had no luck when I contacted the current ownership of the dealer (now Bowman Chevrolet) or via eBay. The current owner even checked the back of his '63 Impala, but the emblem was long gone.

I did learn that the cars from Walters had a sticker placed on the rear pan. I was going to start calling local wrecking yards to see if I could locate a car with a sticker still on it, but figuring that was a low probability route, I did one more web search for Walters Chevrolet in Hebron, Ohio. Up came an article from a local paper in Tennessee about a retired man named Robert Walters that was being honored by the local town. Luckily the article gave some facts about his life, including that he formerly owned a car dealership in Hebron, Ohio! I did a BellSouth online directory search and came up with an address. So just in case, I sent him a letter with a copy of my original bill of sale and a current picture of the car along with stamped self addressed envelope.

I received in the mail today three perfect NOS Walters Chevrolet stickers, a roll of posters that Mr. Walters had done up for the dealership's 50th anniversary in his family in 1976, a copy of his old business card and a really nice note.

It's the people that make this a great hobby!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif

Belair62
03-13-2003, 11:45 PM
Great news...thanks for posting....gives us guys still searching something to look forward to...

68l30
03-14-2003, 01:54 AM
Wow what a jackpot! Great to hear you scored.I have a Bowman Chevrolet decal on my tool chest.....Found it long ago and it seemed like a good place to put it.I knew Hebron sounded familiar........

Steve

Stefano
03-14-2003, 02:11 AM
Great research, congrats on the newly found items/info.

Jeff Murphy
06-15-2003, 10:03 PM
The results:

http://www.yenko.net/attachments/43139-Walters-Decal-Close-Up-0306.gif

Mr70
06-15-2003, 11:10 PM
A Great ending to a Great story Jeff..
I can see you holding the camera up to your face in the reflection of your Camaro! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif