PDA

View Full Version : NOS 68-9 Chevelle 2-dr Post W/Strip

scuncio
03-26-2003, 11:39 PM
Shameless advertising! I accumulated a few parts for a SS396 project but the car has fallen through my hands! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=34204&item=2408240 475&rd=1

Mr70
03-27-2003, 12:04 AM
Get it Don Lightfoot,GET IT! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Don_Lightfoot
03-30-2003, 01:54 AM
Thanks for the "heads up" Rick. I don't need them but I know a fellow TCer who does and I think he is bidding or plans to.

Now, if somebody out there has a set of 69 300 Deluxe Post Coupe door panels in excellent condition - I'm interested. My vinyl is just fine but the horizontal trim needs redoing and the trim cannot be removed from the panel. I guess I will just keep on dreaming and dreaming and dreaming /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Tommy_Mathison
03-30-2003, 10:14 PM
on this subject, will the repo door panels work on the 300 deluxe? i am redoing one now and need to find door panels for it. any recomendations?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif

Keith Tedford
03-31-2003, 01:11 AM
About all you can do is use your old door panels or use the Malibu reproduction pieces which are not correct for a 300 Deluxe. The hardtop door panels differ from the post pieces in the vent window area.

Don_Lightfoot
03-31-2003, 01:50 AM
I think my buddy Keith has pretty much covered your question. Not enough 300 Deluxe Post Coupes around to warrant the R & D for reproducing the door panels I guess. As mentioned in my previous thread, I will just keep dreaming and hoping that some day (before I pass on) a set just might show up on eBay /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Tommy_Mathison
03-31-2003, 02:39 AM
i could buy unassembled malibu panels and take those and my originals to an uphostrey shop and you think they could use the originals to form the malibu panels to fit my car. the only thing i am not sure about is the vent window handles?? i would probabaly just have to cut holes huh?

Don_Lightfoot
03-31-2003, 12:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you think they could use the originals to form the malibu panels to fit my car?

[/ QUOTE ]

They probably could, but you would still have the wrong design. However, it may be more economical to do that then have your original panels professionaly redone. A place like Just Dashes (http://www.justdashes.com) is where I will likely send mine some day. I understand they do great work, but are expensive.

scuncio
04-01-2003, 02:19 AM
Hey Don,

I had a nice set of black 300 door panels that I sold off last year...wish I would have known your car needed them. I bought a bunch of post parts a few years ago for a '69 L78 project but the owner wouldn't come off a price I felt was too high.
Jeff, hope you enjoy the weatherstrips. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif

resto4u
04-01-2003, 02:42 AM
scuncio, the car you mention. Is it in south milw. owned by a guy named jim? Roger

scuncio
04-02-2003, 12:38 AM
Hi Roger,

That's not the car I'm talking about (this one was in California) but I think I have seen that particular car too. I bought some Chevelle parts from a guy in Franklin who had a really terrible looking '69 L78 post car. I can't remember the guy's name. Anyway, he mentioned he was looking for 10 grand for the car which I thought was insane judging by its condition.

resto4u
04-02-2003, 01:06 AM
Thats the car , i looked at it last summer. Roger

scuncio
04-04-2003, 02:26 AM
Yeah...I hope it gets restored eventually, but I think that price needs to come down into reality before that's possible.

Don_Lightfoot
04-04-2003, 02:47 PM
scuncio - If I would have known about those panels I would have been on them in a heartbeat. Let me know if you ever come across some others. Thanks.

resto4u
04-05-2003, 12:24 AM
scuncio, I have seen cars in worst condition. But i did not crawl underneath as i was not that interested in the car. Jim had said that it would need a rebody, i disagree from what i seen. Roger