PDA

View Full Version : Berger 1969 Camaro COPO question.

Maxx
03-27-2003, 03:42 AM
Does any one have any pictures of documentation supporting Berger Chevrolet may have painted the tail panel black on some of the 1969 COPO Camaro's sold through there dealership. Thanks

CWilliams
03-27-2003, 06:00 AM
Pretty sure the black tail panel was a big block signature.

Maxx
03-28-2003, 03:09 AM
I would agree with the black panel being a BB trademark. Although I personally haven't seen any COPO's painted that way other than Yenko's. I've have heard talk about a few COPO's painted this way through Berger Chevrolet, and I'm looking for information on this subject hopefully supported with some sort of documents or pictures. Thanks Again,

Stefano
03-28-2003, 04:43 AM
Maxx,
I'll dig it out if no one else knows as I remember the story but not the names. One maybe two Berger Sold 1969 Camaros were raced as COPOs (L72s) but were actually L78 Big Blocks with L72s installed at Berger.

The reason is that the initial Berger COPO order was deleyed and the racers needed the cars to start the season.

I believe that there is a picture of these Camaros in "Super Stock Drag Racing the Family Sedan"

Does this help?

Maxx
03-29-2003, 02:35 AM
Stefano, This could be the reason I'm hearing of just a few cars. So it would be safe to say all factory L-72 sent to Berger Chevrolet sold by Berger were body color back panels, as all the other COPO's across the country were. Just thought there was a chance my Daytona yellow COPO could of had a black painted tail panel like the Yenko's received. Thanks!

Stefano
03-30-2003, 12:39 PM
Maxx,
No COPOs which I am aware of came from the factory with black tail panels but for X66 code Yenkos and I believe the sole X22 COPO.