PDA

View Full Version : Super Chevy Memphis

69rsz28
03-28-2003, 01:34 AM
Hey guys, I'm planning on attending several Super Chevy shows this year (as a spectator and prospective buyer) and would like to go to some different ones that I haven't been to yet. Would be interested in any feedback about the quality and quantity of turnout of cars at past shows in the Memphis, Dallas and Bristol shows. If you have attended these I would appreciate your comments. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif

69L89396
03-28-2003, 02:48 AM
Memphis is a good show Saturday and Sunday.

69rsz28
03-29-2003, 01:24 AM
L89
What model (showcars) had the biggest turnout? I heard Dallas has alot of 55-57's, but when I went to Houston there was not that many. Gainesville seemed to have alot of quality 69 Camaros and a few 55-57's and a good turn out of Novas. Just trying to get a feel as what to expect from different areas. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif

T Billigen
03-29-2003, 02:18 AM
If you can, go to Indy! That is the best show. Usually 800 to a 1000 cars on display. Looks like there is going to be a big turn out this year, a lot of the hotels are already booked up for that weekend. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif

Chevy454
03-29-2003, 08:58 PM
We've been to Memphis SC a couple of times with our Yenko Camaro, and there wasn't really a whole lot to see...unless you were into late model Impalas or Camaros.

Now, the only time the Yenko goes to Memphis Motorsports Park is on Tuesday & Thursday nights.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Mr70
03-30-2003, 12:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Now, the only time the Yenko goes to Memphis Motorsports Park is on Tuesday & Thursday nights.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Aren't those ladies Nights? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chevy454
03-31-2003, 03:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Aren't those ladies Nights?

[/ QUOTE ]

Oddly enough, it is. I had always heard "size does matter", and ever since I went from the wimpy 2" chambered to the 2.5" mandrel exhaust the ladies come out in droves! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

69L89396
03-31-2003, 09:28 PM
Last year there was a 69 COPO Camaro (I think was a clone) and a nice Yenko Chevelle (all original). As always, more Z/28's than you can shake a stick at. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Chevy454
04-01-2003, 01:00 AM
Any idea on the owners of those 2 cars? I remember seeing an orange COPO Camaro there one year, not sure if it was real, and the owner wasn't real talkitave. The racing there is usually decent, though.

69L89396
04-01-2003, 07:55 PM
I don't know the owner but I noticed that the car was in one of the SC mags. It list the owner in the article and when I looked at the results from all the shows, his car was winning in the gold class. In fact it looks like the guy towed the car all around the country last year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

69rsz28
04-01-2003, 08:40 PM
L89,
Are you talkin about the Cajun Copo from La.? I saw him at the Houston show and at the show in Montgomery. There was also an orange ZL1 at Montgomery and they looked like twins except for the aluminum and iron engines. Both were in the gold class. I attached a pic but it loses alot in the scan /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif

69L89396
04-02-2003, 03:51 AM
That's the same car. I looked at the car close and saw a few "things" like no left rear exhaust hanger plate on the frame. I talked to the owner and the guy that restored the car and was told it was a real COPO (no paper work). It's a real nice resturation but missing a few things.
The owner said he had been offered 75K and I was suprized that he didn't sell. In my option /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif

JoeBuck
05-17-2003, 05:17 PM
What is the $ value of a real COPO? I am new to this site. Some excellent reading. Joebuck. Hendersonville TN. 67 SS Camaro L-88 427 Motor from 69 Corvette. Searching for 67 Console with guage pac. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

T Billigen
05-17-2003, 07:07 PM
Welcome to the site! The value of these cars has really skyrocketed in the last twelve months. A year ago you could get a restored COPO for about 65-75K now you are looking at 100K for a matching number, frame off. A fresh frame off, matching number Yenko Camaro can go for 150K. I think in the near future these prices are going even higher, I don't think things have peaked yet. After watching the prices of parts on e-bay, especially on the 69 camaros which are really getting out of hand, it will be cheaper in the long run to buy a car done than try to restore one. It is getting to the point now where it is going to cost you at least 50K for a resto even if you have a solid car to start with! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif