PDA

View Full Version : RECALL---Fire Extinguisher---RECALL

JChlupsa
04-18-2003, 10:07 PM
Ran across this while searching for some info on FI dates on my warehouse Extinguishers. Knowing that some (I would hope all) of us have some type in our garages or shops and homes, I thought I would post this here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
September 27, 2000
Release # 00-188 BRK Recall Hotline: (866) 669-2736
CPSC Consumer Hotline: (800) 638-2772
CPSC Media Contact: Yolanda Fultz-Morris, (301) 504-7066

CPSC, BRK Announce Recall of First Alert Fire Extinguishers
WASHINGTON, D.C. - In cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), BRK Brands Inc., of Aurora, Ill., is voluntarily recalling about 600,000 First AlertĘ household fire extinguishers. The extinguishers can fail to discharge when the trigger is activated failing to put out a fire, which puts consumers at risk of fire-related injuries.

CPSC and BRK have received five reports from consumers of the fire extinguishers failing to discharge when activated. No injuries have been reported.

Only First Alert model FE1A10G with serial numbers beginning with: RH, RK, RL, RP, RT, RU, or RW are included in this recall. The serial number is located on the extinguisher's label, above the model number in a rectangular box. "First Alert" is written on the units' label and pressure gauge. The fire extinguishers are either red or white. Home centers, mass merchandisers, and hardware stores nationwide sold the fire extinguishers from September 1999 through September 2000 for between $9 and $15.

Consumers with recalled fire extinguishers should immediately contact First Alert at (866) 669-2736 anytime or visit the First Alert web site at http://www.firstalert.com/more_information/index.htm to receive a coupon for a new extinguisher.

First Alert fire extinguishers with a "100% Quality Tested" sticker attached to the fire extinguisher label are not included in the recall, regardless of the serial number.