PDA

View Full Version : For Sale '69 Z/28 LT-1 valve covers

Supercar_Kid
05-01-2003, 02:10 AM
For sale one pair of original 1969 Z/28 LT-1 finned aluminum valve covers. Correct no dripper kind. GM part # P-3932418, both castings are marked RH but are clearly a matched set. One with oil fill hole and the other with crossed flags decal. Original PCV grommet intact, no oil fill cap. Nice shape, no chips, nicks, cracks or gouged fins. Oil baffles are nice too, clean, original, unmolested covers. In need of a good cleaning a new decal. Selling for a friend, taking offers. Interested, please PM me or contact me at [email protected].

Supercar_Kid
05-20-2003, 08:03 PM
LT/1 Covers (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2416250410)

bbdon
05-20-2003, 10:07 PM
Why is that a private auction? I avoid them.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
05-20-2003, 10:14 PM
Did the non-dripper version come on '69 Z's? The Yenko Deuces all have the dripper version, is that a '70 only thing?

Supercar_Kid
05-20-2003, 10:31 PM
Marlin, Its not that the dripper style are 70 only, as that type was produced throughout the 70s, and polished versions can still be purchased new through any chevy dealer. The non-dripper style was only produced in 1969 and are 69 Z/28 specific parts. As for the private auction, I simply do that to avoid people contacting my bidders with offers to sell "the same parts only cheaper" On more than one occasion I have had bidders e mail me after the auction closes to tell me they were going to bid again but were offered the same parts elsewhere for less money and the deal never materialized. By keeping it private it stops this from happening. Another rationale for private auctions is that it seems a few guys are looking for the same items, often times these guys are "friends" offline, and will not bid against a friend. I know this is the case for myself, and when i see a buddy bidding on something I am also interested in I will not bid against him. This is great for friendship, but it doesnt help a seller. By being private, everyone has an equal opportunity to bid and to win. I know there are "shady" sellers that use private auctions for dishonest reasons too, but I assure you that is not the case here.

budnate
05-22-2003, 06:01 AM
Supercar kid,

I disagree, if you have a good product at a good price it will sell!

As far as a buddy thing going on?? You would like your friend to run up the price on a Part you are after???

I would rather make a phone call or e-mail them and see if they were serious about the part or not, then express your desire for it at that time.

As far as helping the seller out that is why you start out where you break even or put a reserve on it??.

Oh, and my friend thanks you for getting back to him on the valve covers.

Bud.

LVCamaro
05-22-2003, 01:34 PM
Erik; Relax for a minute. Bud apparently doesn't know you and I don't think he means to be confrontational. There have been sufficient eBay related flame jobs between forum members this week, so please don't repond until Bud has a chance to read this post. Some understood your reasoning and preference toward private auctions, while perhaps others did not. I'm an occasional eBay buyer and I've experienced the exact scenario you describe, so it's easy for me to understand your legitimate and logical reason for conducting a private auction. But, people will forever come down on both sides of that debate. I've e-talked to Bud a few times, so I hope he doesn't mind me jumping in here.

Bud; Like you, Erik is constantly on the hunt for cool authentic muscle car parts and memorabilia. He seems to have a feel for the more desirable stuff, and has several repeat customers that are sYc board members. Often times, unbeknownst to him, there may be several board members interested in purchasing his wares via eBay. Some board members have come to recognize another member's eBay handle, and are reluctant to knowingly bid against co-member [buddies]. Example: I'm looking for a set of XT-14s, but I won't bid against eBay member "clill" that noticed the auction before I did and placed a bid. I presume Charley is serious about wanting/needing them, otherwise he wouldn't have bid on them. Whether his interest is passive or keen, I'm uncomfortable bidding against him. Plus, if I call Charley to ask him, it puts one of us on the spot. He may only be willing to pay $200 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif but they may be worth $275 to me. If a stranger wins the auction at $235...Charley loses, I lose and the eBay seller loses. If the auction was private...well, you get my drift. There's opinion on both sides of the fence, but I believe Erik is trying to avoid this exact situation, yet optimise the sale. If Erik owes your friend a phone call/email, I hope that happens soon.

Group hug guys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

SS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

budnate
05-22-2003, 03:19 PM
Definitely not trying to be jerk, I was trying bring up a different view on the subject, Steve I see your point, I can see where that would come into play on a more difficult piece to locate, Leaving the sellers feelings out of it, donít we all want to obtain a item for the least amount of money??. That is the point I was trying to make is all.

Now Erik being a fellow brother of the board it gets a little more complicated, meaning feelings get hurt when a item is put up for sale without a price?, then members bid against each other on it ?? , Donít get me wrong I buy and sell plenty of items on a regular basis, and am all for a guy selling stuff!. I pretty much know what a item is worth and what I need to sell it at, so no fishing expeditions with me, I settle on a fair figure and put it out there at a ěprice is firmî this is easy on all involved.

I agree we donít need another Flame thread.

Bud. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif

hvychev
05-22-2003, 03:52 PM
Bud I to have talked to you and you are a straight shooter. The Barr boys are straight as well. I have delt with Eriks brother Joe and he has the coolest stuff on the bay. Since they are cut from the same cloth I would bid on Eriks auctions with confidence. Oh by the way I am going to bid those those XT wheels over $1,000 just so Charlie can't get another cool thing! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seroiusly sixtiesmuscle you out bid me already on somthing that I really want......all I can say it is not over yet.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Zedder
05-22-2003, 04:10 PM
Well said Steve, you really cleared that up nicely.

As for Bud, we've emailed each other also and he is a solid guy. I'm sure he never meant to offend.

So, I guess we're not going to have another flame war /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif They keep things interesting when the board slows down a little /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Charley Lillard
05-22-2003, 04:52 PM
You Guys Suck..

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
05-22-2003, 05:01 PM
Charley dresses funny, Erik is a College Kid, Joe doesn't know his own name...

There, did that start something /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

For the record, I always check the bid history to make sure I'm not bidding against another buddy - sometimes I ask to outbid them depending on what they are willing to pay. I see both sides as well /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

hvychev
05-22-2003, 05:40 PM
Marlin would you consider me a buddy? If I was bidding on somthing that you REALLY wanted, like lets say a NOS rubber floor mat for a Deuce, would you lay in the weeds and snipe me at the end? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Unreal
05-22-2003, 08:32 PM
Now Frank, How would Marlin know you were bidding? Wouldn't you be hiding in the woods, waiting to sniper bid, too. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif I gotta say, I almost always sniper bid.

I've had too many instances where I bid "the maximum I'm willing to pay" only to find out that someone bid several times to "find" my bid, and then won the item by 1 dollar. So, if "the maximum I'm willing to pay is $25. Does that mean I would not be willing to pay $26? It's like the question, How far can you run? If you answer 1 mile, does that mean you could not run 5281 feet?

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
05-22-2003, 10:13 PM
I wouldn't bid against you Frank, I would have to know it was you though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif Now, what would you want an NOS rubber floor mat for! I know you like those Deuces, we just have to find you one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mr70
05-23-2003, 12:46 AM
I'm working on that Draggin Deuce for you Frank...

Belair62
05-23-2003, 02:02 AM
I have been watching clills bidding and he seems to stay in the adults only section so don't worry...

Charley Lillard
05-23-2003, 02:36 AM
I thought that was where I had to go because I am an Adult.

hvychev
05-23-2003, 02:54 AM
Mr 70..............................I will do ANYTHING for that Deuce! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Marlin I really want a Deuce but with what some people are doing to the prices I won't be able to afford one for a while. BTW I was just using the example of that floor mat as a rare part that I am sure that you would probably grab. Remember that I am the guy on e-bay that goes by leddzepplin.

Belair62
05-23-2003, 09:35 PM
Hey Charley...not with all those toys you're not !!!Hell...you even have your own damn water truck.

SYCIWISH
05-31-2003, 06:00 PM
here's my .02 and I still have .98 left for 49 more comments.
PRIVATE AUCTION= OK with me . as far as 'his' buddy bidding it up. . set your limit and stick to it. PERIOD.
I've sold 600+ parts there and I'm still semi-poor without a SUPERCAR so it's not like I've made a million bucks there. I've done maybe 25 privates. I only use private Auction in a case just like his of original collector type parts. The first collectable thing I sold on ebay I had done all the homework to research my numbers/dates/applications etc. for a Ford 428CJ carb. the guy who bought it made sure he told me that someone else had emailed him offering the same number carb for less. I had thebutt and vowed to never run an item like that again for viewable bidders.

BIDDING AGAINST BUDDY ISSUE= basically I have no other friends that i have to worry about that with but again it goes back to the set your limit thing. And the main thing is wether I NEED it or WANT it. I do mainly chevy truck parts and I only let it get by me when someone I know is bidding on it and i don't have to have it , in other words maybe i wanted it to resell. Yeah, I know truck parts don't compare to Yenko parts but the principals are the same. So it's a private auction and you WON and maybe you outbid your pal, but you won't know it unless he comes here and bellyaches that he lost to an unknown bidder. hey, you don't have to tell him for god's sake. Never rub salt into a wound and don't burn bridges is a good rule when it comes to that. If it's NOT a private Auction and your THAT good of buddies email each other and find out what the deal is . Do you NEED it or WANT it. Happy Bidding and at this point I'm glad no one knows my user ID. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif