PDA

View Full Version : 70 Chevelle GM wheel well molding still needed!

hvychev
05-08-2003, 04:34 AM
Guys I posted this a while back in the wrong section of the board. I still need a front passenger side wheel well molding for my Chevelle. I only need one but if you have the passenger rear one I would take that as well. They must be NOS GM. PLEASE HELP!

JChlupsa
05-08-2003, 04:37 AM
Dumb question but are the molding from a 70 4 door the same as what your looking for. I saw one last weekend at the Shafter Salvage yard on the Army Base and can double check to see what is left on the car

hvychev
05-08-2003, 04:53 AM
Good question Jeff... I never thought of that. I would perfer a NOS one though. BTW that would be cool...a junkyard in Hawaii. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Any rust there? What is in there, all old rental cars?

JChlupsa
05-08-2003, 07:35 AM
It the 70 that is was one left behind by someone on the base who decided not to try to sell it. They had a 69 Mach I in the same yard about 3 months ago but it was already stripped when I got there. I picked up the 65 442 holiday Coupe at the same place. Only thing missing was the shifter and carb. Engine still turned freely . Recently sold it to a guy thats into 442's. It needed a complete resto and I didnt have the time to do it. Neat that all the 442 trim was still in place and for $400 I didnt want to see it get parted out. Rental cars, nah most are like I said earlier, cars that are left behind , abandoned on base and the bases with salvage yards end up with them for sale or part them out. A lot of bases around the US have them esp. Army bases.

The trim if still there i would bet are GM.