PDA

View Full Version : Bad weather

Chevy454
05-09-2003, 03:20 AM
I know we've been getting pounded here in southern Missouri, and Smallhurst up in the KC area is getting a taste as well. OK City got hit this evening, and the southeast is getting washed away.

Everyone making it ok, or at least as good as can be expected?

hvychev
05-09-2003, 03:26 AM
Rob I was just listening to the news and they were saying that their is a severe weather warning in effect for the Chi-town area. The weather has been really bad lately. I will pray that all of you drag racers make it Ok! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chevy454
05-09-2003, 03:31 AM
I tell ya, this has been a BAD week, but I watched the weather not too long ago here, and they said we dodged a MAJOR bullet tonight, as the conditions for big storms had deteriorated. Of course, we're supposed to be stuck in this crap until around Tuesday, and whatever we get heads your direction! Just remember to keep your head down!

JChlupsa
05-09-2003, 06:48 AM
Windy City is getting hammered right now. Hope everyone out in the Midwest make it out with the least damage possible.
http://www.goes.noaa.gov/ECIR2.html

clickable map that will show your area for weather watches
http://www.nws.noaa.gov/

Mr70
05-09-2003, 12:36 PM
Made it through the night OK.
Woke up to hear two houses were struck by Lightning and partialy burned.
I heard earlier this week in Pierce City Mo. there was an F3 tornado touch down and they showed a Car collection hit hard with a roof all over them.Looked like 50's cars from the news clip. Anyone we know?

Chevy454
05-09-2003, 01:09 PM
Hmm...hadn't heard about the collection in Pierce City. That's not too far from here...I'll try and find out. Pierce City and Stockton both got wiped clean from the map. I believe the only thing left in downtown Stockton is the courthouse. They said they will be without power/water/phone for another week or two, and with all the bad weather lately that keeps pounding them, they've been having to hand out fliers with weather updates taken from HAM radio operators. The Weather Channel was on location in Pierce City until the tornado hit in OKC yesterday.

55chevy
05-09-2003, 05:04 PM
Yeah that storm that hit OKC was headed my way (NE of Tulsa) so I was keeping an eye on that one last night. Tornados tore through the GM plant and Tinker AFB and over 300 homes were destroyed. Wasn't pretty. Springtime/Stormtime in Oklahoma is here. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

Ed

Charley Lillard
05-09-2003, 05:34 PM
So I'm gonna be in Nashville at the end of the Month and then headed South on Power Tour...Is all this Stormy Weather gonna be gone by then ?

Chevy454
05-09-2003, 05:44 PM
Ummm...in a word, "doubtful". Weather like this is typical in the spring, just not in 5 consecutive days. The midwet is like the "arm pit" of the weather happenings, as it's where it all seems to come together...you get the moisture coming up from the Gulf, colliding with the winds coming off the plains, and the cold air coming south from Canada.

We have a saying here in the Ozarks: "If you don't like the weather, then wait a minute...it'll change."

So, is the Tour starting in Nashville this year? Got some dates? Would be cool to swing down and see some friends I went to college with and check out the Mule(?).

Tommy
05-09-2003, 08:39 PM
Most everything here in Huntsville,AL is or has been under water this week. Had several twisters in the area which is normal for us but they keep getting closer to me..... About 6 miles away this time. Several car lots were under water and my customers (body shops) are swamped with hail claims now. Some cars were allready on the body shop lots waiting to be repaired when round 2 and round 3 came and finished the cars off.Next week i'll be in the Jackson, TN area working the body shops, they really got hammered over there. I think about 40 people have died in the storms over the last week or so in the Southeast and Midwest states.

Tommy

Chris396
05-09-2003, 11:10 PM
My dad got grapefruit sized hail. Dented his old truck a little.

SmallHurst
05-10-2003, 01:06 AM
I guess that I am lucky, for the most part. They had a tornado touch down in Lawrence, KS last night about 75 miles west of me. Several other funnel clouds around Emporia and Topeka. The funnel that came down in KC last Sunday was rated as an F4. I hope everyone in the OKC area is OK. I heard about that hitting during rush hour. Definately bad timing.

Charley Lillard
05-10-2003, 03:10 AM
Here is the Power Tour Schedule..Starts May 30 in Nashville, May 31 in Memphis, June 1 to Jackson Ms, June 2 to New Orleans, June 3 to Lake Charles LA, June 4 to Shereveport LA, June 5 and 6 in Arlington TX. The scan didn't work so here is a Link.. http://www.familyevents.com/hotrodpowertour/tourInfo.html

Seattle Sam
05-10-2003, 06:21 AM
Charley, What car are you taking on the Power Tour?
-Sam

Charley Lillard
05-10-2003, 01:18 PM
The Mule....