PDA

View Full Version : wanted: 1970 350 LT-1

bilede
05-15-2003, 02:48 AM
Want 1970 LT-1 350 Z28/duece engine. send what you have and prices to [email protected]

thanks!

MotownMadman
05-28-2003, 12:30 AM
What would be the casting numbers or stamped engine codes you want?
Thanks,
motown /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

Jonesy
05-28-2003, 04:02 AM
I have one that I am looking at selling. Just waiting for the guy (tire kicker) to tell me if he wants it or not. Mine is out of a Camaro. It's a May engine V0518CTB has the VIN (very faint) down by the oil filter, I believe it's 10N553886, the 5 and 3 look like the could be 8 or 3's. The only thing that scares me is shipping it. I'm in MN.

bilede
05-28-2003, 06:32 AM
I need a CTB coded, may 70 build date for a 4 spd duece. I need pan to air cleaner in the end but willing to go a part at a time if needed..

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
05-28-2003, 11:40 AM
Bill,
I would suggest that you buy this block! That is one of the best dated CTB blocks I've seen for sale, you may not find another for quite awhile. Jump on it, it's a CTB code!!

budnate
05-28-2003, 07:22 PM
http://www.forwardair.com/ use these guys!
It would only cost about a hundo for shipping, make your own lightweight pallet and drop it off at a hub close to you, I have shipped motors and motorcycles with these guys they are fast and cheap and run a clean shop, not like some of the other places I have been to, e-mail me if you are not sure how to build a lightweight pallet, dont grab a water logged one from the hardeware store $$$$.

Bud.

Jonesy
05-29-2003, 02:58 AM
Well, I was trying to work a deal with another guy, but it sound like it isnt gonna happen. I was asking what it was worth on the camaros.net board and this guy emailed me and asked me to send pics and the story behind it and if I want to sell. No more response out of him. I ended up with this block (3970010) in 1980, when I purchased my 69 Camaro. After a few years I decide to rebuild it. It had 327 internals in it when the machine shop tore it down. It was a standard bore block. I had it bored 30 over and rebuilt as a 350. I do not know if it has the original pink rods or not. I do remember vaguely the machine shop saying something about the rods being great rods. It definately does not have the original pistons or crank, as the crank is a cast GM 350 crank. I put it back in my car and drove it maybe 3500 street miles. Then the car sat and was started every now and then. The engine ran with no problems when I pulled it. I found out how to decode it when it was rebuilt and the numbers pointed to 70 1/2 LT1!! I had the orig carb and traded it away for some M/T valve covers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif. That was before I knew what I had. I have what I believe is the original (havent verified date code) 2110 intake for it and it it original MINT. Not sandblasted or repainted, but original finish. The block does not have heads on it right now. I have sprayed it with an oil that was recommended by th machine shop for engines that sit. I would think it would only need a light honing or possibly nothing as I am sure there is no cylinder wear. It has never been decked or restamped. I have 186 heads for it, but they are dated G 24 of 69 and are the 1.94 variety. Thats about it. I guess I am open to offers. I do have pics of the engine. Will sell separately or as a package. Like I said, the only thing that scares me is shipping it. Sounds like it would still be a pain.

Mike /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

Jonesy
05-30-2003, 09:19 PM
Thanks for all the interest but everything is SOLD!!

It's going to a good home. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif