PDA

View Full Version : Please say a prayer

SS427
05-16-2003, 12:04 PM
Please pass on a prayer to a friend of mine and his 10 year old son. Kenny Reichel is a well known highly successful local racer in Madison Lake, MN racing round track, drag race and snowmobiles at many of the midwest tracks. He is also the towns assistant fire chief and had the misfortune of getting a call and arriving to find his 10 year old son had become of victim of a fire in his ex-wifes home.

Please say a prayer for Kenny and his son Kole. Kole was everything to his dad and was quickly climbing the ranks to take his dads place as one of the local legends. He is going to need all the help he can get to keep his life together after a tragedy such as this. I am very concerned for his health. Rest in peace Kole.
Rick

GRB
05-16-2003, 03:19 PM
Will do!

Belair62
05-16-2003, 03:32 PM
Oh man....thats just absolutely horrible.

68l30
05-16-2003, 04:21 PM
Done!My prayers are with you....

Steve

JChlupsa
05-16-2003, 04:57 PM
So sorry to hear of this, He will be in our thoughts and prayers

DjD
05-16-2003, 05:47 PM
Saw your TC post as well Rick, Condolences to Kole's parents and those that knew him...

Seattle Sam
05-16-2003, 08:38 PM
Rick,
If you can, spend lots of time with Kenny. Call his other friends and organize them to spend time with him as well, talk to him, comfort him. Don't let him be alone for a while, he needs someone to share his pain with. Get him to talk about all of his memories of his son Kole. Tell him your memories as well. By repeating these memories, his son will live on in his heart.

I hope Kenny also has faith that he can turn to for support.

God bless Kenny and Kole, who is in Heaven with Kenny's family, waiting for his Dad.

We will pray for them.

-Sam

ORIGLS6
05-16-2003, 10:01 PM
Loosing a child is the worst thing I can imagine.

Kenny and Kole will be in our prayers for days to come. Please let him know we're thinking of him.

Dennis

Mr70
05-17-2003, 12:00 AM
Very Sad to hear.This is where friends are needed the most.He's lucky you are one of them.They are both in my Prayers....

82z96ss
05-17-2003, 04:11 AM
The worst fear for a parent is to out live their children. We will keep Kenny and Kole in our prayers. Rick help Kenny realize that his son may have passed but Kole can still live on in his memories. Condolences to the friends and family of Kenny and Kole.

David, Amber and Sam

SS427
05-18-2003, 03:13 AM
Thanks to everyone on and off site for their thoughts, prayers and kind wishes. At the funeral, Koles casket was even decorated with their racing team name and number. I am sure all the prayers can only help Ken deal with lifes worst tragedy.
The Nelsons

mc25t190
05-18-2003, 12:46 PM
rick,
so sorry to hear of your friends tragedy, i just recently had a friend whose 19 yr. old son died in his sleep. we are suppose to go before our kids. our prayers are with him and his family. each time i hear of this i grab my 3 kids and give them a big hug and just couldn't imagine if this happened to me. god bless this man and his family.

sYc
05-18-2003, 03:45 PM
Kevin, you are right. Spend time with the family, hug the kids, live every day as if it is the last, because it may be.

Right now I am helping a couple of families cope with the loss of a loved one. One is a family whose 18 year old daughter was killed by a drunk driver, the day before she was to graduate from high school. The drunk driver leaves behind a young wife and 3 small children.

This is why my cars are so special to me. Not because of their value, but because it is a way to enjoy life, a way to spend time with my family and friends. As I have said before, I would not trade last year's SCR day at the track for anything, as I was able to spend the day racing, with my 2 sons, a couple of close personel friends and numerous friends from the supercar hobby.

Seattle Sam
05-19-2003, 02:35 AM
Rick, I just received this from my daughter-in-law. Thought it might help Kenny deal with the grief..

<font color="blue"> Beannacht (ìBlessingî in Irish)
John OíDonoghue

On the Day when the weight deadens on your shoulders
and you stumble,
may the clay dance to balance you.

And when your eyes freeze behind the gray window
and the ghost of loss gets in to you,
may a flock of colors, indigo, red, green and azure blue
come to awaken in you a meadow of delight.

When the canvas frays in the curach of the thought
and a stain of ocean blackens beneath you,
may there come across the waters a path of yellow moonlight to bring you safely home.

May the nourishment of the earth be yours,
may the clarity of light be yours,
may the fluency of the ocean be yours,
may the protection of the ancestors be yours.

And so may a slow wind work these words of love around you,
an invisible cloak to mind your life.
</font>
Best,
-Sam

SS427
05-19-2003, 12:10 PM
Sam,
That was very nice. I will be sure and forward that onto Ken. I will be going back to Madison Lake this weekend and will be sure he gets it. Thanks for passing that along.
Rick

mahoy78spyder
05-22-2003, 08:40 PM
I have not been able to see or hug my kids since mid January and something like this has been my biggest fear. I have had nightmares while in the desert that woke me up because I thought something happened to my two kids. I even got up one time in the dark to check on them upstairs, only to realize that I was still in my tent with 75 other G.I.'s. I said a prayer for Kenny - what happened was out of his control, just as what happens to my kids back home is out of my control. My biggest fear over here is exactly what happened to Kenny. I'm sorry Kenny - Please remember this, GOD HAS YOU IN HIS HANDS. So close your eyes and climb right into the open hands of God, and as you feel God's presence, may He fill you with His peace, and grace and love.

Ken

SS427
05-22-2003, 08:51 PM
Thanks Ken, I will pass that on.

On a good note and with some humor, I talked with some mutual friends last night. He raced his stock car this weekend and unknowingly to him, all the other racers planned to 'let him win' (I believe he is high points holder anyway) and on the last turn they would back off just enough to let him take the flag. They were to all exit the track and go down pit road where fireworks and a memorial was planned allowing him to circle the track in memory. As luck would have it, his motor blew on the last turn and he was unable to finish!!!! They did what they planned anyway. Adding insult to injury, on the way out of the track, his motorhome dumped a tranny. My understanding is he just fell apart laughing. Laughter is the best medicine!

I plan on visiting him this weekend and will pass on everyones kind words. From one car guy to another, I am sure this means more to him then I know. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif
Rick