PDA

View Full Version : West End Chevrolet, Norwood MA

06-05-2003, 01:44 AM
I'm looking for the metal or decal dealer emblem from "West End Chevrolet," in Norwood Mass circa 1970. The dealer was sold in the mid '70's. Any help appreciated. Also any old pics or info on this dealership. Also any one with a Hechler Chevrolet car from Richmond VA send me an email. I am good friends with the owners and there is a possibilty that there might still be dealer paperwork in storage. Thanks a bunch.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif

NOCOPO
06-10-2003, 04:06 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/flag.gif Greg. I will do some checking. I work right near there. I have asked a couple of guys and some remember West End Chevrolet being in Waltham ( not far from Norwood ) Let me beat the bushes and see what happens. I have a collection of dealer ad license plates, let me go through that as well. Tim /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

06-11-2003, 08:41 PM
Thanks..the dealership was in Waltham...I also would be interested in knowing what other Chevrolet dealers were in that general area during the musclecar era. What about Macmoran Chevrolet any info on them? TIA

olredalert
06-12-2003, 03:56 AM
------I have mentioned Lee Chevrolet in Wellesley Mass before and it didnt elicit much interest.I bought my 66 Vette 427/425 new there and in 69 was looking for a car and happened into Lee one June day to see a truck full of what I know today were COPO Chevelles.I dont know that they all stayed there,but one really caught my eye and Jim(the performance salesman)tried to sell it to me but,sadly,I was to dumb to buy it and ended up with a 396/350 Camaro.The COPO was silver with a blue vinyl bucket interior and blue vinyl top.Interestingly,it had black optional SS stripes on it.I remember thinking that it wasnt real cool because it wasnt an SS,even if it did have the big engine.Never saw the car again!..............Bill S

NOCOPO
06-12-2003, 03:32 PM
Guys, I will try to get the information. I currently work for a oil distributor that supplied ALL of these dealers since the'60s We still have a sales rep that called on ALL of these guys. ( 72 and still selling ) We are located around the corner from Berejik Olds ( now gone as well ) they campained a bunch of Olds Super Stock stuff in the late '60s and '70s . I will start picking brains. I love the Sherlock Holmes stuff, It's one of the best parts of the hobby. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

mmcporter
08-17-2003, 11:42 PM
Sad about Berejik...forced out of business by Olds, as far as I heard from talking to the last salesman there.

Mark_C
11-06-2003, 01:31 PM
Went to High school with the Berejik kids. Always had a brand new 442 convertible every year, then Hurst-Olds W-30 442's when Old's quite making convertibles. The kid's car's all used to be stored in a warehuse in the Needham industrial center up behind the dealership. It was a pretty complete collection of 442's from around 67 thru 72 or 3, and then the W30's up thru 77 or 78. The car's were always used in the 4th of July parade through town. Will always remember the front inner wheewells being a dark red color, on all the 442's. Don't know if the cars are still there or not. As far as I know the Berejik family is still in Needham. Last time I drove by their old dealership location there was a pair of the New Shelbys sitting in the old showroom.

olredalert
11-08-2003, 03:58 PM
------As my Mom lived in Wellesley during the supercar years I spent many an hour at Berejik during the day.It wasnt too long ago that they were still selling stuff to collectors out of the little shop across the street from the old dealership.I bought a pair of 70 Cutlass front fenders for a W30 there long after the dealership had closed.
------A really close buddy of mine bought a 68 hurst Olds from Berejik new.He then had them lay on alot of frosting(headers,cam,ignition,gears,etc.)That thing was bad.The guys at Berejik loved him as he had pretty much an open checkbook!Unfortunatly my pal is no longer with us.If he was he would still be runnin fast..........Bill S