PDA

View Full Version : SCR6, update, 6-5-03

sYc
06-05-2003, 04:31 PM
As we approach SCR6, I will do my best to keep everyone updated.

A newsleter and entry form was mailed out Tuesday. Hopefully everyone will receive theirs in a timely fashion. If you do not receive one, there will be one up on our board in a few days, or, contact us and we will send you one.

I have been in touch with Joel "Mr. Motion" Rosen several times recently and he is very excited about being a part of SCR6. In addition to attending, he is bringing a friend of his from the past, Marty Schorr. Marty was a writer for several magazines back then and did much of the advertising work for Motion. More recently Marty has written book or two, and numerous articles about Joel and Motion Performance. In keeping with the Motion theme for the event, this year's collectable diecast car will be a special designed Motion 'Vette.

A couple of names have been added to the list of "Friends of the Reunion". They are Mike Guarise and Steve Burstein. Thanks guys.

A few more cars scheduled to attend include Gary Volpicelli and Bill Hunter with '69 Yenko Camaros, Mike Guarise and Dave Belk with Motion cars.

Dr. Pete
07-21-2003, 03:06 AM
Marty Schorr has a huge archive of photos that he took of Motion Performance, the cars, and the races. He even has a bunch of vintage COPO and Yenko photos as well. Do you think we can talk him into bringing some of his slides or photos with him for the banquet? He has all of his photos boxed up in storage and he has not been motivated enough to dig them out. Maybe this would be a good time for us to encourage him to blow the dust off the boxes and share memories with another generation of Chevy Musclecar enthusiasts!! C'mon people, what do ya say!!!