PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - The Unwanted Buzzer

ssbrewskyaz
06-27-2003, 01:52 AM
I'm looking for the part number and/or better yet someone that has and is willing to part with, the annoyng little buzzer that sounded off when the keys were left in the ignition and the door was opened on a 70 Chevelle. I suppose it's the same part for a bunch of models and a bunch of years. I swear I must have tossed fifty of these stupid little things over the years, but now I think it would be kinda cool to have the annoying buzzer working in the car. ...SWB... ssbrewskyaz

Mr70
06-27-2003, 02:37 AM
Don't you just love that annoying lil noise.
It comes from the horn relay.
You need to have the two little wire fingers contacting your your ignition switch,so when you insert the key,the noise begins if the door is ajar.
Most times this noise does not emit,it is because those two fingers are crushed or bent inside your steering column.
You need to remove the steering wheel to investigate this.

ssbrewskyaz
06-27-2003, 03:00 AM
Thanks man. For all of the times I hated that annoying little noise, I long to hear it now. Thanks again...SWB...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

CamarosRus
06-28-2003, 05:58 PM
Is not the horn relay mounted on engine side of core support close to volt reg.??? Then curious where "noise" came from inside of car.....Chuck S

Mr70
06-29-2003, 02:23 AM
Chuck
This "Buzzing noise" emits from the horn relay mounted on the core support,not from the interior.