PDA

View Full Version : Chevy Mallory Distributor Motion Baldwin Phase III

JoeC
06-30-2003, 11:55 PM
Chevy Mallory Distributor like used on Motion Baldwin Phase III cars. It appears to be in good condition. Would need new points cap and rotor to run it. $150.00

hvychev
07-01-2003, 02:43 AM
Joe any pics? I might be interested.

JoeC
07-01-2003, 07:55 PM
here is a picture of it. It is the model shown in the old articles on the Motion cars.

JoeG
07-01-2003, 08:28 PM
JoeC,
Looks in good shape---YC-310 HP?---did you have this in your car?---In general ---no excessive play between shaft housing and gear--and there is a fork shaped hold down bracket under points/plate--the fork-should have both tips--Good performing distributor---I myself picked up a couple for parts back in 1990 before the rush--getting harder to find.-----JoeG--

JoeC
07-01-2003, 09:03 PM
Yes it is a Mallory Double Life YC-310 HP. I didn't have it in a car. The end play is good. The points are still in it but they don't look like the are in good enough condition to be used. The rotor is missing and the cap should be replaced also. I believe you can still buy the cap, rotor, and points.
The nylon insulation pieces are all there which I see missing on some of them.
I am not sure what you mean about the fork? Is it visible without removing the points plate?
The Mallory Double Life I think got its name from the design of using 4 cam lobes to open the points instead of 8. This way each set of points do half the normal job so have double the life?

JoeG
07-01-2003, 09:28 PM
JoeC,
Like I said looks in good shape---take dist. cap off --take rotor and moisture proof shield off --look down shaft , you should see a U shaped grayish bracket with two tips on either side of the main shaft.---Your right about the four lobes---and the cap/rotor/pts. are still available-----you have the special mallory condenser[ large can]---Again good performing/pts. distributor--JoeG