PDA

View Full Version : The "General" wrong?

Charles
07-10-2003, 05:27 PM
Has anyone gotten the documents from GM of Canada for their car, with incorrect information? The color or options on the car now don't match GM records? Thank you.

COPO PETE
07-10-2003, 05:37 PM
I've seen it when they have missed the odd little option, but if your colour of car or interior don't match..... you might want to check that the cowl tag has not been messed with.
Peter

Charles
07-10-2003, 05:50 PM
Hi Pete: I just found this site and find it quite interesting! Brings back lots of memories. The COPO is long gone but GM records said TRIM White and COLOUR Dark Brown which did not match the car... Vin was in the 35XXX range. Interestingly they didn't know what ZN1 and ZP1 option indicated.

mike32
07-10-2003, 06:02 PM
I HAD THEM DOCUMENT MY 1969 SS427 IMPALA. THIS CAR IS A CUSTOM COUPE, IT IS CLEARLY INDICATED AS BEING A CUSTOM COUPE IN THE VIN#(WHICH IS WHAT THEY USE FOR DOCUMENTING), BUT THE DOCUMENTS I RECIEVED FROM THEM LISTED IT AS A SPORT COUPE. EVERYTHING ELSE SEEMED TO BE CORRECT THOUGH. MISTAKES ARE SOMETIMES MADE.
MIKE

Stefano
07-10-2003, 06:56 PM
Charles,
I experienced a situation in which a Copo Chevelle was listed as having N40 power steering and not NC8 Chambered exhaust. When the converse was true. It was a Chambered exhaust no power steering car. The Chevelle has its original build sheet to verify the correct options.

This could be chalked up to Human error when manually inputting the option info from Microfiche to their computer data base.

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
07-10-2003, 07:03 PM
Mike;
What is a Laurentian Nova? Is it a version of the Acadian?

mike32
07-10-2003, 07:45 PM
THAT IS 2 SEPARATE CARS A LAURENTIAN AND A NOVA. A LAURENTIAN IS A CANADIAN PONTIAC, IT'S BASICALLY A BEL-AIR WITH PONTIAC SKIN AND INTERIOR. IT HAS CHEVROLET FRAME, FLOOR-PANS, DRIVE-TRAIN. I WILL CHANGE THE WAY THATS TYPED IN SO AS NOT TO CONFUSE ANYBODY.
MIKE /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

whitez
07-13-2003, 02:05 AM
One of my Documented Canadian COPO Chevelles had a second build sheet for a Chevelle built 58 cars before mine with the same trim and colour that was being shipped to Zone 8 Dealer 644 which I beleve is in Ohio.I always wondered if a copy of mine was in this plain Ohio car.I have often wondered if this was a common G.M. occurence or not? For the sake of the hobby I hope it was not.

Don

Charles
07-14-2003, 12:10 PM
Hello Don: Thank you for sharing this information regarding the build sheets. There did not seem to be a pattern where a batch of Canadian destination cars for example would be built together. Even a series of cars which were all the same color didn't come down the line together. For some of us who don't know; where in or under the car did GM leave the build sheet? Thanks!

whitez
07-14-2003, 02:23 PM
Charles: This was a bench seat car and found the wrong one under the front seat and the correct one under the rear seat, both between the burlap and the springs. No other sheets were found .

Keith Tedford
07-15-2003, 02:25 PM
In another post here I showed part of a build sheet found in our COPO Chevelle. The vehicle was built 75 before ours. In the documentation that we got from GM in 1988, They listed ZP8 as special trim. and left out ZV6 and ZN1 all together because they had no information on them. I think the guys here have most of these odd ball "Z" codes figured out now.