PDA

View Full Version : In Search of a 1969 Chevelle.

MosportGreen66
07-25-2003, 11:18 PM
If you read my post you'll understand. I am looking for a 1969 Chevelle. Restored/unrestored, any colors, auto/manual?

MUST HAVE: A/C, Number Matching with Documents.

-Dan
[email protected]

Charley Lillard
07-25-2003, 11:28 PM
I sold TimG a very nice orig paint 69 SS with I think 14K orig miles ? It was a few years ago but I bet he would know where it is. I do not remember if it had Air.

MosportGreen66
07-25-2003, 11:29 PM
Thank you.

Mr70
07-25-2003, 11:51 PM
I have to share this here.
I was visiting a friend in 1994.He asked me to come on an errand with him.On the way there,he takes me to a friends house to "see something".
We walk up to the front door,and then proceed into the garage with the owner.
Right there is a 1969 SS L78/M22/3:55 Chevelle.29K miles and all the docs from Gibb.
This car was bought new day 1 buy this owner from Fred Gibb Chevrolet in Laharpe Ill.It is damn near stock,with some day 2 mods on it.He even has the Uniroyals,Lacquer paint,exhaust on it.With the Smog system laying next to it.Original Uni spare with trunk mat.Close your eyes and imagine the sight.

I was in Awe.

I went through this car for two hours,and could not get enough.The owner called me a Chevrolet geek!
Said he didn't understand what the fuss was.I told him his Kansas City built Chevelle was very important to me,&
I offered him some money,and I think he wanted to sell it to me for that price right there,until my friend topped my offer.Thanks you SOB!
Then the owner said he wants to research it abit to see what the market is.He has since moved into the stratosphere with the price.Way more then I could believe.
I have my notes on the car,and I guess that is all I will ever have on it.
The originality of this car is incredible,and the Fred Gibb logo on the trunk and Paperwork really add to it.
I call this guy occasionally,and he still has it,but it is not for sale,as it is to sentimental for him to part with.Money aside,I can understand that,and commend him for it.
But He won't attend shows or cruises with it.It just sits there,up in the air,since 1976.I swear there is 1969 air in those tires...

Charley Lillard
07-26-2003, 12:07 AM
Wait a Minute.... Your friend takes you to see the car that you probably never would have found... I'm thinkin if he wanted it you should have let him have first Crack at it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Mr70
07-26-2003, 12:18 AM
I wondered why he even showed it to me in the first place,if he wanted to buy it too.
He should have made first offer on it long before he took me to see it.He never expressed or said he was a buyer on it,until he saw how interested I was.
I am suspicious about that.
Maybe they were in Cahoots trying to get me to spend more from the get go?
Either way,we are all still mutual friends today.

MosportGreen66
07-26-2003, 01:05 AM
That seems like a hell of Car. Its is the complete unrestored originality of this Chevelle that got me hooked. Great story, do you have pictures or just notes?

-Dan

Mr70
07-26-2003, 01:28 AM
Just notes & Memory.
I tried two times to return for pix,but he never allowed it again.
I wanted to share this story with my Chevelle club at NCOA & ACES back then,as I thought they would be most interested,and pix would have helped to prove it and add to it's validity.
If I could only get him to attend the Fred Gibb show next weekend,I know he would enjoy it...And so would we! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

KLONECO
07-26-2003, 04:31 AM
MEMOREX MOMENT.....................it's a good thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

JoeG
07-26-2003, 05:00 PM
MEMOREX MOMENT.....................it's a good thing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

Belair62
07-27-2003, 02:08 AM
XEROMEM TNEMOM.....................s'ti a doog gniht /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

JoeG
07-27-2003, 07:13 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ORIGLS6
08-04-2003, 10:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The originality of this car is incredible, and the Fred Gibb logo on the trunk and Paperwork really add to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would love to see the logo on the trunk. That's the first time I've ever heard of such a thing. I even asked Nancy Gibb this week-end about a dealership decal or plaque and she told me there never was any. She said that's the reason they gave jackets with the cars. I know there was never anything on my car, but I specifically asked that the car not be 'Dealer Prepped' before delivery. When I picked the car up that Saturday afternoon, it didn't even have the trim rings on it yet. The sticker was still in the window when we left LaHarpe.

hvychev
08-05-2003, 04:15 AM
Cool Dennis. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif

.......You are still an old relic though........

ORIGLS6
08-05-2003, 03:54 PM
You snot nosed kids don't even know how to dish out a good insult! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Are you even old enough to buy the first round of drinks at VetteFest? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

hvychev
08-08-2003, 04:29 AM
I think Ill just make it by then......... I will buy you 2 for that comment! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

SS427
08-08-2003, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think Ill just make it by then......... I will buy you 2 for that comment! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Frank, I will personally hold you to that. Dennis is great with one drink but I understand he gets really goofy after 2! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif
Rick

Mr70
08-08-2003, 01:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dennis is great with one drink but I understand he gets really goofy after 2!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just make one of those drinks a Metamucil,and he'll be fine.He does have to stay Regular. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

hvychev
08-08-2003, 02:20 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I don't know why I even talk to you old farts! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif

SS427
08-08-2003, 02:42 PM
You won't be anymore............... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif

ORIGLS6
08-08-2003, 09:20 PM
Wise A**. "The bigger they are, the harder they fall."

You're gonna fall REAL HARD when I trip you with my cane, Big Boy! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif

And as for the Ricks........Who hit the show floor first on Sunday morning? The kid didn't show up 'til almost noon. You young guys just need to learn to pace yourselves with the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

Metamucil??? Is that a microbrewery?

SS427
08-08-2003, 10:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And as for the Ricks........Who hit the show floor first on Sunday morning? The kid didn't show up 'til almost noon. You young guys just need to learn to pace yourselves with the /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

Would that have been a certain "kid" I was babysitting? That was about the time I remember him appearing albeit very briefly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif and I was there early! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ORIGLS6
08-11-2003, 02:46 PM
I was referring to my heir. But you're right, both the 'young guns' were tardy. With age comes wisdom! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Kim_Howie
08-14-2003, 04:45 PM
Their is nothing wrong with old farts /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

Mr70
08-15-2003, 12:23 AM
Kim is correct.
New Farts smell much Worse.

LVCamaro
08-15-2003, 12:45 AM
LOL!

SS

chads454Ls6
08-15-2003, 07:22 PM
Rick,your memory is about as bad as your looks. I was up at 6:30am that next morning. I here they have a new section in the hotel now for old people,you should check that out! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

SS427
08-15-2003, 07:34 PM
define "up"....................... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

chads454Ls6
08-15-2003, 07:37 PM
That would be able to communicate while still at a 2.4 alcohol level /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

ORIGLS6
08-15-2003, 08:15 PM
I've been around a ton of folks who are 'up and communicating' at 6:30. I think the questions here are; "Were we doing it coherently, and were we conscious of it???" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/no.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/no.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/no.gif

hvychev
08-15-2003, 08:20 PM
Only old people usually get up that early by choice! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

ORIGLS6
08-15-2003, 08:25 PM
If you're very lucky, and watch your mouth you might live to be OLD! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

chads454Ls6
08-15-2003, 08:41 PM
Dennis,i could function well if that is what you mean.Hvychevy,i think some people like to get up early just to drink coffee /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

ORIGLS6
08-15-2003, 08:48 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

MosportGreen66
08-21-2003, 01:32 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif All I wanted was a Chevelle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kim_Howie
08-21-2003, 03:45 PM
Hey it could be worse all I wanted was a lug nut?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chevy454
08-21-2003, 03:59 PM
Yeah, but I bet that squirrel (http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/download.php?Number=43526) gets more looks than your lugnuts ever will!

Kim_Howie
08-21-2003, 06:21 PM
DEPENDS and i don't wear them yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif