PDA

View Full Version : Orville Nerhus Chevrolet Lakefield, MN

hvychev
07-29-2003, 05:48 AM
Guys I am giving it a shot since some people have been getting lucky getting memorobilia lately from their cars original selling dealer. My Chevelle was sold at Orville Nerhus Chevrolet located at 205 Main St. Lakefield Minn per the build sheet. I think they probably were not a Hi-Po dealer after having a conversation with the dealers widow and my car was ordered originally as a stripo (no cowl hood or stripes, with a bench seat, column shifter etc). I know a fair amount about the dealership and was curious since we have a lot of members from Minnesota if someone could help me aquire some dealership memorobilia from there. Thanks.

SS427 I have just made a second written request to the dealers widow for help and also the second owner of my car who lives in MN who wouldn't talk to me. I will let you know the outcome.

http://mediaservice.photoisland.com/auction/Jul/20037286820431281792401.jpg

SS427
07-29-2003, 11:39 AM
Frank,
I will try and make a trip down there soon. This year has not been good to me as far as free time. Just too many irons in the fire. Unfortunately, the clock is ticking with the widow and I need to get down there........soon!
Rick

Mr70
07-29-2003, 12:05 PM
Frank,that name,Orville Nerhus,has got to be the most unusual/Bizarre Chevrolet Dealership name I have ever heard of!
Typical of some of the Minnesota Nordic names up there.
I LOVE IT!

I contacted my Dealer and found my cars Missouri selling dealership being in business since 1919 and still going,means someone,somewhere has the items I am looking for.I may have to get a Hotel room some weekend,and attend a local Missouri swapmeet to find them though.
Keep up the hunt in the local area of your Chevelles selling Dealership is your best bet.
Hats off to SS427 for offering to do some foot work. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif