PDA

View Full Version : Mousie Brown

Verne_Frantz
07-30-2003, 03:04 PM
Gentlemen,
Mousie Brown raced a '62 Chevy Belair 2-dr sedan out of Rosenthal Chevrolet in Alexandria, Va. It was part of a race team of cars sponsored by Annabelle Walker. He also went on to race a '63 the next year.
I have a 1961 Belair Sport Coupe that I've been told was Mousie's car as well, but can not confirm that. The car was originally Jewel Blue with blue interior. It was originally a small block car, but may have been upgraded to a 409 for racing. It has gone through several paint schemes over the years. Most of the body was repainted white, but with black and white checkerboard on the rear quarters finished in an arrow pointing forward. Two wide stripes were painted lengthwise on top of the car. They appear to have been silver first, then brown. The front fenders look like an explosion in a paint factory. There is gold metalflake, candyapple red, silver, white, blue and black. There is evidence of something on the door that (the best way I can describe it) looks like a pre-historic whale with a big fish head. I've been sanding down paint, but so far have not uncovered any lettering.
So.........my question is: Does this car sound familiar to anyone? Can anyone confirm that Mousie ran a '61 at all? I plan to bring the car back as a nostalgia race car, but how it will be finished will depend on it's history (if any).
Sorry, but I have no way of posting a picture of it.
Thanks,
Verne.