PDA

View Full Version : Jerry ROTH Chevrolet in Colorado.

MosportGreen66
07-31-2003, 12:16 AM
Sorry for this "double post" but the system won't let me edit the page because the editing time has expired. So, I am currently looking for any information regarding Jerry ROTH Chevrolet. Thanks.

-Dan
[email protected]

JChlupsa
08-12-2003, 09:58 PM
Jerry Roth Chevrolet Geo 8351 F Parkway Dr Littleton, CO 80124-2850 303-754-0123

Family maybe???

Jerry Roth Isuzu Kia 8303 W Colfax Ave Lakewood, CO 80215-4006 303-237-1311

Looks like John Elway has the market on car delerships in Colorado

MosportGreen66
08-12-2003, 10:05 PM
I have tried and tried to find out more information but this is all I've got. Jerry Roth always owned two dealerships -- one a VW dealer and the other a Chevy Dealer. Then in the early 90's (???) Jerry Roth died and the family wanted nothing to do with the dealers anymore so they sold the VW divison to Osborn Automotive, and the other to John Elway Inc. (yes the former football player). I have called endless amounts of people from the Lakewood, Co area and NONE seems to know where the Chevy Dealer went. Since the sale of the Chevy divison the sons of Jerry Roth have opened other dealers, but even the new dealers don't know where the Chevy Dealer went.

One big mystery.
-Dan

hvychev
08-13-2003, 04:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like John Elway has the market on car delerships in Colorado

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
, and the other to John Elway Inc. (yes the former football player).

[/ QUOTE ]

Just food for thought. The John Elway name on all the dealerships in Colorado is the "Brand" name for the dealerships owned by Autonation Corp. I happen to work for them here in Chicago. They own about 400 Dealerships nationwide and are the largest automotive retailer in the world. They don't brand stores in Chicago but almost everywhere else in the country they do. What I mean by brand is they take a certain market place in the country and use the catchiest name of one of the stores and use that for all the rest of the stores in that area for recognition purposes. John Elway was one of the dealers that they bought in CO and since it was a famous athletes name it would obviously be the right choice. For example they own all the Maroone stores in Fla, John Elway in Co., Autoway stores in Fla, etc, etc, etc, and for the supercar dealer enthusiasts they own the Courtesy stores (Dick Harrell orientated ie. Tom Clarys funnycar) in the Southwest.

MosportGreen66
08-13-2003, 08:25 PM
Ok, since you work for the company, Do you have any good information on Jerry Roth

-Dan

hvychev
08-18-2003, 05:34 AM
Dan sorry about the delayed response I did not notice your question till now.

I don't know anything about this dealership and am sure that nobody else does that works there either. I mentioned the same to our late Dennis Hartweg about Courtesy when he inqured about them and once he went there he found out just that. Autonation has a high turn over rate for employes after the dealerships are bought out so it is likely the same case for this dealer. You probably won't find that many people that worked there way back then that could answer questions for you.

I equate years at car dealerships into dog years. People usually don't stay at one place for long. For example I have been working at my dealership for three years and I am the highest on the seniority board. A guy that has worked at a car dealer for 30+ years is VERY rare.