PDA

View Full Version : LaHarpe ZL-1 presentation

toner
08-02-2003, 09:26 PM
Here's a few pics of the ZL-1 cars that were presented at the show today. A dark blue one and the only black one, for Ann Hartweg. It was hard to get good pics because of the crowd. Sorry, best I could do.
ZL-1 (http://hobbystage.net/camaro/media.cgi?site=69lemans&folder=*&group=8&page=*&id =1059857919-002392)

toner
P.S. got to hear Tom Clary start the Dick Harrell Funny Car!

chevelle_ss_502
08-02-2003, 11:47 PM
I think Ann's car is about the best color color choice I have seen. You just cant go wrong with a black muscle car. Great choice Ann!!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gifAndy

Belair62
08-03-2003, 02:18 AM
Now THAT is nice.

J_D
08-04-2003, 02:32 AM
Andy.............IT IS A NICE COLOR, but it is certainly not the only black 2002 ZL1 ! ! ! ! It might possibly be the only black Phase III 2002 ZL1.

My 2002 ZL1 (#17) is the exact match to Annie's except it is a Phase II instead of a Phase III. In fact after the La Harpe show, Annie allowed me to drive hers out of the tent and place it next to mine so I could take several photographs of both of them together. I told her as soon as I got the film developed, I would send her copies of all the photo's. I hope she remembers to e-mail me her mailing address ! ! !

This was the first time I ever met her but what a sweetheart she is ! ! ! A truly nice lady.

The La Harpe show was a "HOOT"! ! ! ! Anyone who wasn't there (and also the evening before at Monmouth) missed a truly good time. Where else could you have found people like Capt. Carl Stuber & Shelby, Ken Barnhart and his lovely wife, Bill Porterfield, Matt Murphy and his son's and also his crew, Mrs. Helen Gibb and both her daughters (Nancy and Connie), Mayor Ken Brown, Herb Fox, Dave & Le Ann Belk, David, Amber & Sam Watts, Jim Parks, Gib & Tammy Louden, the "Infamous" Dennis Barker and his daughter, Tom Clary and the list of folks goes on and on............

All of these folks helped make this a wonderful time for both myself and the three other people who came with me.

All four of us are already looking forward to next year ! ! ! It is going to be a very long wait I'm afraid however, there is the Berger show and SCR6 to look forward to next.

To all of you that I had the opportunity to visit with these past two days, thank you for sharing your time with me. I will never be able to express how much I truly enjoyed the past two days ! ! ! !

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

chevelle_ss_502
08-04-2003, 02:53 AM
J D,

Sorry I dont know what I was thinking when i said that about the only black car. I even saw yours the night before in Monmouth. Guess I just had a Car overload this weekend and wasnt thinking to clear! Like you said J D this event is truely world class and so professioaly done. it is amazing to see such a gathering of super cars in a small midwestern town less than 20 miles from my home. Great job to all that helped and worked to make it a success.

Andy

Charley Lillard
08-04-2003, 03:23 AM
But when are we gonna see pics of what Barker did to somebodys Garage ? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

ORIGLS6
08-04-2003, 03:45 AM
JD,

Good to meet and talk with you late Saturday afternoon.

Let's get really specific about the Black cars.

According to MM, Ann's car is not the only Black car (obviously), but IS the only Black Phase III with the gray striping package including the hockey stripe, and houndstooth interior.
It has all the goodies including the roll cage and line lock. And.......SHE DROVE IT HOME!!!!!

An interesting trip, but that's another story. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Hi Annie /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

J_D
08-04-2003, 01:46 PM
Dennis.......Annie's car is a BEAUTIFUL car ! ! ! And I feel so fortunate that she allowed me to drive it out of the tent so that I could take photo's of it with my car.

And I was still there (as you were too) while Matt was giving her driving (burnout) lessons ! ! And it was certainly a pleasure meeting you and having the chance to talk with you after the La Harpe show was over with Saturday.

What is really unique also is that I attended a car show Sunday in Iowa and showed by ZL1 there. My registration number at this car show was #44, the same number as Annie's new ZL1. Coincidence?????????????

Dennis......please make sure that Annie e-mails me her mailing address so I can send her copies of the photo's I took of both of our cars together.......and thanks in advance Dennis.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif