PDA

View Full Version : 67 Motion SS Chevelle

Fast____One
08-13-2003, 03:11 PM
Years ago I saw one of these outstanding cars and always wanted to have one. I am new to this car market and would value any advice on how to find such a car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

MosportGreen66
08-13-2003, 05:48 PM
Is there such a thing?

Born30YrsLate
08-13-2003, 06:34 PM
Sure...I got an article on one - somewhere... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

Fhakya
08-13-2003, 09:59 PM
I tracked down one of my articles (Speed & Supercar 4/67):
orig owner: Charlie Mason (Stanford, Conn)
Features:
950 Holley 3bbl (w/ motions usual 3bbl mods)
L-88 Manifold (#3886092 w/ gutted plenum)
L-89 Heads
11.0:1 427
Stage I "580" factory L-88 cam
Hooker 'tuned' headers
Mallory Dual point Distributor (full mechanical advance)
Ram wires/Rajah clips and plug boots
Trunk mounted battery and Dual electric 75 GPH fuel pump

Wide ratio 4 speed/4.88 gears
7-inch "Prowler" Cheater's for the street M&H Slicks for the track.
Motion 'Super Bite' suspension mods:
traction barsaxle tubes,
Air Lift air bags
front coil spring spacers
competition front/rear shocks
11.50-123MPH

The car appeared to be darker w/ a black vinyl top, equipped with what looked like Torque Thrust or similar wheels.

All for now,
-Mark Holman

JoeG
08-13-2003, 10:31 PM
The color was blue.

Fhakya
08-13-2003, 11:19 PM
Did you know Charlie at all Joe? According to that article, he and his brother both owned Motion cars and they purchased the old 'Hi Performance Cars' sponsored Motion S/S Camaro (the white/blk vinyl topped one I'm guessing?), and was converting that 10.?? sec ride for the street.

-Mark

JoeG
08-13-2003, 11:53 PM
I would see the car at Motion and I asked him some questions about the car-- I was impressed by his car and decided I would like to try and buy one.Never talked to his brother Joe, but the wht/blk camaro was at Motion and Joe Mason bought it.His Chevelle was advertisement on wheels for Motion --always a crowd around

GTO_DON
08-14-2003, 01:11 AM
YEARS AGO, BACK IN THE EARLY 80'S THERE USED TO BE A BURGUNDY OR PLUM CHEVELLE AROUND WITH 427 BADGES FRONT AND REAR [BEFORE THEY REPRODUCED THEM] 427 FLAGS AND IN THE DAUL WHITE STRIPE IN FRONT OF THE REAR WHEELHOUSE IT SAID MOTION! SEEN IT AT ATCO DRAGWAY AND ON SATURDAY NIGHTS AT THE STREET RACES. I HEARD THAT CAR WAS DESTROYED IN AN ACCIDENT. LAST SEEN IN BURLINGTON NJ.

JoeG
08-14-2003, 01:19 AM
GTODON,
Did the car have a wht/vinyl or wht/painted roof??

GTO_DON
08-14-2003, 01:27 AM
NO JOE, IT WAS ALL BURGUNDY. BUT IM THINKING THE CAR WAS ROYAL PLUM! DEFINETLY SURE ABOUT IT BEING AN SS427. I KNOW THERES ALOT OF PEOPLE WHO SAY THEY DONT EXIST,BUT YOU CANT FORGET SEEING A CAR LIKE THAT. EVEN IF ITS BEEN 20+ YEARS.

JoeG
08-14-2003, 01:37 AM
GTO DON,
Sorry to say I never saw that car,and like you said you couldn't forget that color--- /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

Fast____One
08-14-2003, 06:44 AM
As I was reading the replies left after my initial post I remembered the color and where I had seen the car. The color may have been burgundy or blue, could even had a vinyl top I just can't remember. What I do remember is the little tag on the back side of the car that read Motion (that was all that stuck in my mind). The engine was a 427ci, maybe built up some because as I remember it didn't sound like any 427 I had ever heard before. I saw this car in Englewood, Colorado when I was living there back in 1985. This car could have been a dark color because the owner also had a 69 Camaro, I think is was an RS, but I really can't recall, But it too was a Motion car and this may have been burgundy in color. He would drive them by the Buick dealership I worked at during that time. I remember looking inside and noting the gauges on the dash looked different, the tach was much different than I had seen before. The Camaro too had a built 427ci engine.

But I still need input as to how I would set about finding a 67 Motion SS Chevelle, any help would be appreciated. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

Fhakya
08-14-2003, 10:15 AM
Welcome aboard! As far as finding leads /helping to document a car, this is the right place. I've learned so much from just reading the posts it's astounding...and I thought I was a 'geek' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gifbefore.
-Mark

supcarbob
08-16-2003, 04:10 AM
An article on Charlie Mason'S 1967 B/M Chevelle appeared also in (Hi-perf Cars) magazine in January 1969 as mdified production with a clutch-flite,and tunnel ram intake. Appears to be a darker color with white top then what I thought was originally a Marina Blue black top car.Suprised there is no Baldwin/Motion sponsering

Fast____One
08-16-2003, 03:15 PM
Thanks supcarbob for the info. Do you (or anyone else) know if that car was in Englewood Colorado in or around April - May of 1985? The Chevelle I saw could have been the color and vinyl top combo you mentioned and the Camaro could have been the burgundy color I seem to be remembering. If you can scan the pic from the magazine you made reference too I would enjoy seeing it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif