PDA

View Full Version : Rules for racin' at the Reunion

NWYENKO
08-19-2003, 04:14 PM
Are there any?? Do I need to bring long pants? Coolant overflow?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gifJim

Chevy454
08-19-2003, 04:25 PM
Normally, they'd like for you to be wearing long pants, but I've seen 'em make an exception on the street cars when it's 95+ degrees coupled with Missouri's lovely 90% humdity. Also, a catch can and dual return springs. Also, you're actually not supposed to be running anti-freeze, but you'd be hard pressed to find a street car that isn't. Some places get pretty anal about trim rings and center caps, but it's a hit and miss deal according to my experiences. And, depending on how quick you're running, a helmet and driveshaft loop are required.

Another screwy deal is that they can't pump the fuel into your car at the track (in Illinois, at least), only an approved container. But, we'll have a racing jug handy so no need to worry there.

I'm sure there's something that will dawn on me once I hit the "submit" button, but that's a good starting point...

sYc
08-19-2003, 05:55 PM
I do not think they will be too hard (tech) on the cars, since we have leased the facility. Just your basic safety rules. We have raced at four different tracks, including Gateway, and as far as I know, all supercars have been allowed to run. Gosh, hope I did not just "jinx" things.

ORIGLS6
08-19-2003, 06:25 PM
Tom/Rob,

I received a note from Nancy Gibb last night. Here's a portion of that note.

"I am planning to fly into Moline-QuadCities on Thursday morning August 28th so I can go to the SUPERCAR REUNION in Collinsville. It will be alot of fun. Are you going? I sure hope so, as I think it will be more like a relaxing type show so everyone can just "talk cars" ! We aren't going until early Friday morning, but hopefully we will be at the dragstrip. Boy I'd give anything if Mom would let me take her car down the strip !!!!! I always wanted to be a Drag Racer....but NO FUNDS !"

Do you suppose we could all get together and convince Helen to let that happen?????? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif Maybe even have Helen ride Shotgun!!/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

That would be ONE COOL PICTURE!! I bet Fred would be all smiles. "The Legend Lives on......" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gif

sYc
08-19-2003, 06:44 PM
Dennis, Judging by the tone in Helen's voice when she told me she was going to the track, I do not think it would take much arm twisting. She just made mention that SHE was not racing. Neither does Nancy's eagerness to race surprise me, as she "insisted" that I wait to fire the FC until she could be there. As per Helen riding shotgun, I could see that happening as well. Helen has logged several miles along side Bill P. in the '69 ZL-1 Gibb/Harrell racecar. I will bet one thing, Fred will be looking down with a big grin on his face, watching as "his girls" enjoy another day at the track.

JonC30
08-19-2003, 08:16 PM
I'm pretty sure that last year they made me put a long sleeve shirt on. Now that I think about it though, they may have made me so I could escape the debris flying out of Rob's car after the 3-2 shift. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif

sYc
08-19-2003, 08:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
they mave have made me so I could escape the debris flying out of Rob's car after the 3-2 shift.

[/ QUOTE ]

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif

moparts
08-19-2003, 09:28 PM
If you are driving one of Robs cars I would wear gloves.....that way when the shift knob comes off in you hand you don't get cut.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I would suggest ear plugs for anyone around the fc when it starts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/3gears.gif

Mr70
08-20-2003, 12:13 AM
Sibling Rivalry,ain't it sweet!
Grudge match,Grudge Match,Grudge match,Grudge match,Grudge match. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif