PDA

View Full Version : 70 - 73 Camaro, HOW TO MAKE IT Fast

NEW
08-19-2003, 06:03 PM
HI

I would like to get in contact with someone that has raced a 2.nd gen Camaro, i have a bone stock 20000 mile car, that we are planning to turn in to a fast street/drag car.

We want opinions on suspension system up front, and rear, as well as getting to know what engines, and trans combos, together with rear ratios, to get this car in to 6,9Žs in the 1/8 mile,

It is a major point that we keep the car stock looking at first glance, and that there is minor alternations to the suspension system, We will also keep the interior as orig as we can, with only a roll bar, and 5 point seat belts, as the interior still looks as new.

Any tips is appreciated.

NEW /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

Chevy454
08-19-2003, 07:23 PM
Hmm...a "Stock Appearing" 2nd Gen...sounds like a fun project! A couple of the stock appearing guys hang out here (Hemi Joel (http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/showprofile.php?Cat=&User=956&page=1&what=showmemb ers) and BIGDOG (http://www.yenko.net/ubbthreads/showprofile.php?Cat=&User=704&page=2&what=showmemb ers)). Joel runs a stock appearing '67 Hemi GTX and Terry (BIGDOG) runs a stock appearing '69 ZL-1 Camaro, and these cars run 11.4 and 11.3 in the 1/4 respectively (low to mid 7s in 1/8)...oh, did I mention they do it on 6" Polyglass tires and through exhaust manifolds?! I've seen both of these cars, and they look like dead stock trailer queens, but they run like stink! Add a set of tires to either of these cars, and they'd easily surpass your 6.9 requirement, and would look no different than a fresh from the factory musclecar.

Try and shoot BIGDOG a message first, and mention I sent ya. Or, you could try posting your question over on the STOCK APPEARING FORUM (http://www.v8buick.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=36).

NEW
08-20-2003, 06:07 AM
Their cars sounds awesome, i am thinking on running a full aluminium 572 cid engine, but have been playing around on thinking abt. making a screaming 427, with the new ZL1 block,

Any tips, appreciated. ESP suspension stuff!

NEW

moparts
08-20-2003, 12:53 PM
It only takes one thing to go fast.....
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$This message from
your local friendly parts store. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

NEW
08-20-2003, 01:33 PM
MOPARTS

HEHE /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif
Youre rigth abt. that, but you cant spend it all on motor, i need to hook up!

NEW

COPO PETE
08-20-2003, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It only takes one thing to go fast.....
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$This message from
your local friendly parts store. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
It takes more than that. A perfect combo and some brain power. I've seen a lot of high doller stuff with slicks and headers and I've put them on the trailer with poly's and manifolds! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif