PDA

View Full Version : Huntsville and Jake's Drag Strips in Alabama

Zedder
08-21-2003, 01:49 PM
Another long shot but... my L78 also ran at Jake's Drag Strip in Moulton, AL for the first 2 or 3 weekends after it was delivered to the dealer (before being sold to owner #1). Anyone just happen to be there? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif

The third owner owns Huntsville 1/8th mile track and ran the car there a couple of times. Any recollections??? Thanks!

Steven J
08-22-2003, 12:35 AM
You might try contacting Huntsville's owner through the web site. http://www.huntsvilledragway.com/

Tommy
08-22-2003, 01:05 AM
Was the third owner George Howard?

Tommy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif

Zedder
08-22-2003, 02:38 AM
Thanks Steven,

I actually spoke to the owner of Huntsville last night (he leases the track to some one else now but still owns it). He was the 4th owner of the car and had it for 30 years.

Tommy, I don't know the name of the second owner yet, but he only had it for 3 weeks and then flipped it to a dealer named Rusty Smith. I just spoke to some one in Decatur tonight who told me that Rusty has passed away. He had the car for a year and sold it to the fourth owner - Roy Burchell. Rusty was the one who painted the car and added the chrome trim back around 1972 or so.

Mark