PDA

View Full Version : 78 MOTION Z28

buickt
08-22-2003, 03:56 PM
I have a 78 Z28 that I am the second owner of. I have no documentation ie. build sheet, sticker. The only reason I am inquiring about this car is because there are metal emblems on the fenders that say "Motion". This emblem is above the decal that says Camaro. There is another decal below the Camaro that says Z28. What are the chances this could be legit? The car looks like a stock Z28 with a 350 engine. Can anyone help me???????

sYc
08-22-2003, 04:04 PM
Sorry, no Motion car, Joel did nothing stock. Remember, Motion performance was into mail order parts as well. I would guess through the years 1000s of cars received some type of this Motion treatment.

And according to Joel's own words, to be a "Motion car", it HAD to have been built/modified in Joel's shop.

buickt
08-22-2003, 04:19 PM
The car appears stock as far as decals. The engine could have been modified, but I'm not sure what I should be looking for, other than paint schemes, decals, etc. Where could the motion emblems have come from?? I'm not very familiar with the modifications that motion performance provided. Could you please give me more information about the mail order parts that you believe might be on this car.

sYc
08-22-2003, 04:31 PM
Years ago, you could get about any hi-performance part you wanted from Motion, including fiberglass addons, plus Motion stickers, emblems, t-shirts, key fobs, etc.

Stefano
08-22-2003, 04:50 PM
There were some 77-81 Z28 Camaros which received the full Phase III ZLX Motion Conversion. LS6 454 with open chamber heads, TH400 trans and 12 Bolt rear just to name a few of the components.

JoeC
08-22-2003, 05:33 PM
It would help if you can post pictures of car, engine, and Motion emblem.