PDA

View Full Version : Motion Pics on ebay

chevelleman
08-28-2003, 10:05 PM
I just ran across these auctions on ebay and thought I would share them with you guys.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42606&item=2429395 716

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=42606&item=2429395 743

bbdon
08-29-2003, 03:29 AM
The question I'd ask is why does he call it a photograph, if it is really just a print on paper.

Supercar_Kid
08-29-2003, 08:48 PM
Just a 25 cent photocopy... these pics are published in some issues of Cars and are just scanned and printed out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif SCR6 is where you'll see some REAL vintage photos. And no, there won't be any copies of them for sale on ebay.

copolocater
08-29-2003, 10:24 PM
I PRIVATELY EMAILED YOU AND GAVE YOU A CHANCE TO REMOVE YOUR POST AND YOU CHOSE NOT TO.I THOUGHT I MADE IT CLEAR TO YOU GUYS THAT THERE WOULD BE CONSEQUENCES THE NEXT TIME YOU BASHED ME.I'VE LET YOU GUYS SELL YOUR 20 DON YENKO JACKETS YOUR BOGUS YENKO 6000 TACHS AND ON AND ON.BUT NO ,THROUGH YOUR ARROGANCE OF WANTING TO BE THE BIG GUY ON THE BLOCK YOU CHOSE TO DO IT ONE MORE TIME.TAKE YOUR TABLES TIMES THEM BY 20 OF ALL THE MEMORABILIA THAT HAS PASSED THROUGH MY HANDS.TIMES BY TEN THE CARS YOU'VE LOCATED FOR MEMBERS OF THIS BOARD.SHOW ME THE YEARS OF YOU DOING SHOWS ALL ACROSS THE COUNTRY TIMES THAT BY 50.YOU GET ON THIS BOARD AND HAND OUT 50% CORRECT 50% INACCURATE INFO BY LOOKING AT SOME PICTURES AND ITEMS ON YOUR BROTHERS TABLE.YOU ARROGANT ---!!! I CHOSE TO REMOVE MYSELF FROM THIS SITE AND ANYTHING TO DO WITH IT BUT YET A FEW OF YOU CAN'T GET OF THE STIGMA OF HEARING MY NAME.ITS LIKE IT EATS AT YOU SO YOU HAVE TO STIR SOME ---.GET OVER IT I HAVE.THE NEXT TIME A SHOW COMES UP AND WERE BOTH THERE WE CAN DISCUSS THIS JUST YOU AND ME.LIKE MYSELF AND A GOOD FEW OTHERS WE HAVE CHOSE TO MOVE ON INTO OTHER AREAS BECAUSE OF THE BASHING AND BACKSTABBING.GET OVER IT MOVE ON I'M TELLING YOU I WON'T PUT UP WITH THIS GARBAGE MILEAGE IS NO OBJECT TO ME.P.S. DON'T TELL ME YOU DO IT FOR THE LOVE OF THE HOBBY I'VE HEARD THAT BEFORE YOU GUYS MAKE GOOD MONEY OFF THE ITEMS YOU'VE SOLD

bbdon
08-29-2003, 11:17 PM
I didn't even notice who the seller was before I posted. I guess I know now. My post was certainly not meant as a personal attack on anyone. I just meant that I would ask a question before I would bid, I stand by that as good advice.
The auction description says paper photo. The term contradicts itself, like saying genuine fake. I don't know what that item really is, but I'm thinking that it came out of a copy machine or a computer printer. If that's not the case, then why not just say so instead of posting a tirade. If it really is what I think it is, then you should not call it a photo, because that's short for photograph, and it's not a photograph.

Mr Yenko
08-30-2003, 12:06 AM
Tim,
You know where we are at this time of year.How come you don't drop in and settle this once and for all.There are few people here at SCR6 that have some issue's with you and what you represent.I keep hearing that you have been avoiding certain people at different events.Can you answer me why?If you need directions you can call me for them at (914)204-COPO.
"MOF"

copolocater
08-30-2003, 12:19 AM
BRIAN I MADE SURE YOU GUYS HAVE SEEN ME AT CARLISLE AND CANFIELD NOT A PEEP OUT OF YOU.I'VE HAD IT WITH YOU GUYS BS.NEXT TIME WE SEE EACH OTHER DON'T IGNORE ME BECAUSE YOU HAVE CALLED ME OUT.AS USUAL IT TAKES ALL OF YOU TO BUNCH UP. WELL ONLY ONE OF ME AND I'M STILL COMING BRIAN. NOW YOUR ON MY LIST.THIS IS AN ADULT GAME AND YOU WANT TO PLAY I'M HAPPY YOUR WISE ASS HAS STEPPED UP TO THE PLATE. IVE ASKED TO BE LEFT ALONE NOW YOU'VE GOT MY ATTENSION.THIS IS NO LONGER A WAR OF WORDS.THE NEXT TIME I SEE YOU NO WORDS (HIDING) JUST GIVE ME DIRECTIONS YOU THINK I'M KIDDING.I'VE HAD IT TIME TO BACK IT UP.REUNION I DON'T PROMOTE IT.P.S. I SAT AT MY CANFIELD SPOTS ALL WEEKEND WITH A COUPLE MEMBERS OF THIS BOARD?????YOU SAW ME PERSONALLY AT CARLISLE.

hvychev
08-30-2003, 12:27 AM
wow

budnate
08-30-2003, 01:06 AM
Can we get the web cam going for this one????
Mo may want a fee for this one......

LVCamaro
08-30-2003, 01:31 PM
Okay! I'm clear about the love-fest, but back to the eBay picture...is it a photograph, or photocopy? I have a car sold through Baldwin Chevrolet and I'd like to have the picture if it's an original photograph. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Steve S.

MotownMadman
08-31-2003, 06:34 PM
Tim,
I dont care if it is a photograph or photocopy or what the photo it is, I think they are rather neat and would like a complete set. I happen to know my printer can print out an item on photopaper and it becomes a photograph. I just want a set to hang on my wall, value is not an issue. I have never met many of you guys personally so I wont take sides, but from what I know Tim has contributed a lot to this hobby as well as locate many of the cars we all enjoy. I dont know who is right or who is wrong but enough respect should be givin to handle these type of situations by Email, phone, or in person off this board. I have had problems before with certain members but I have learned to deal with it in a way that everyone here is not affected from using the board space for arguments rather then automotive discussions. Joking around is one thing, we all need a laugh now and then, but IMO this is no place for personal people bashing. I made that mistake once over memoribilia, I apologized and have not done so again. We should try to clean this up a bit for the benefit of all, there are many people who read this board that dont post, the bashing and arguments are a reflection on us all to the general public. I myself have been guilty of the same thing, I have been trying to conduct myself in a manner as to not bash anymore, if I can behave, anyone can. (I reserve the right to play with Bel Air! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) As I stated, my understanding is that Tim has been an asset to this hobby, just as other current members of this board who deal in Memoribilia, it would benefit everyone if we all had more respect for each other. It is easy to have your buttons pushed(boy, do I know!), but some restraint could be used as to where and when. Tim, I will email you my address, send me a set of your photos and the bill.
Thanks Guys,
Motown /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
09-02-2003, 01:40 PM
Tim is back? I thought you had taken your ball and gone home - again!

So, what is it - a real photo or a photocopy? I'd like a real photo.

copolocater
09-02-2003, 02:15 PM
Marlin I give the aministrator of this site permission to remove any vehicle or item I'm selling on another site that someone has pulled and brought onto this site.That way there won't be any conflict.You guys keep saying your back again I'm not back I just don't have the patience for this type of acting anymore.I can't make myself any clearer.I don't have time for if its not located,sold, restored by me or my information it ain't worth a s---.Fine.I don't care if he removes me.I'll settle this the only way I know is left.I've ask nicely, I've told firmly and it didn't work!!!! Bash me all you want in private just don't use a public forum.

Stefano
09-02-2003, 02:31 PM
Tim is and has been asset to our Hobby. Badgering him on this site will certainly not benefit anyone or the Hobby in the long run.

He has been accurate and upfront with the descriptions of the items he is selling and I am confident ,if the purchaser were to be dissatisfied, he would make it right.

If you are interested in bidding on the item being discussed, just email him direct and you will receive a direct answer.

My .02

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
09-02-2003, 03:23 PM
Tim, is the ebay item a photo or a photocopy?

copolocater
09-02-2003, 04:04 PM
To give you a final answer which you seem to want to press the issue.It's a photocopy on photoquality paper no its not original I got it from Dave (duece king)Belk.You seem to want me off of this board and out of your life but as I said before you just can't drop it. Your smart enough to know what it is and that you could have emailed me privately.I have better things in life to do.

LVCamaro
09-02-2003, 05:36 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Tim is and has been asset to our Hobby. Badgering him on this site will certainly not benefit anyone or the Hobby in the long run.

My .02

[/ QUOTE ]

Stefano; I agree wholeheartedly...badgering on the forum board is just way out-of-line. There are obviously some unresolved, deep seeded, grievances between some of the guys here that should be dealt with PRIVATELY.

Tim; Thanks for clearing up your eBay item description, out in the sunshine. Some may have known it was copy, and I wasn't trying to frame a smart a$$ question when I asked. I've talked to Joe and Erik B, and they regret that their post triggered a "stink" on this forum. Neither, Joe nor Erik posted the auction link in this forum and their post was in response to the question posed by the original post. If it matters to you, he didn't receive your private email until after your original post.

Tim; Thanks for the email to describe your eBay item.

Enough acrimony...

SS

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
09-02-2003, 05:58 PM
Thanks for the clarification Tim. You assume that you were 'in my life' to begin with - that's scary!!

BTW, there is no 'duece' king - all deuce owners are created equal /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

LVCamaro
09-02-2003, 06:24 PM
Boy...talk about serving up a soft-slow one for Lillard's three famous words to post. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SS

Stefano
09-02-2003, 06:25 PM
SS,
Your inquiry was valid sincere.

Charles
09-02-2003, 06:27 PM
It's sort of funny how the picture question came up on Motion here. Even when you try to get away, you can't. This appears to be the clearing house for Motion fact and fiction. The question seemed to imply a lack of value, however everyone does not have the same resources so what is old news for some, may be new information to many others. I don't know Tim, but it appears that he has had much success in the past. Success earns and deserves respect. Here the cars should come first and the rest is mostly background noise.
Now what was the name of the lucky fellow in Manhassett NY who bought a brand new 1967 SS427 CAMARO ??

bbdon
09-02-2003, 06:29 PM
Copolocator, if the item for sale really was a photocopy, then what were you so angry about? I just dont understand. I could certainly understand your reaction if people said things that were false about you here. But you cannot expect to be taken seriously as a businessman if you go onto a public forum and post angry tirades because people told the truth about your products.
The auctions themselves don't bother me at all, if they dont use the word photo. And I see that you are no longer using that word in your descriptions. Great. If you can sell a photocopy for 20 bucks, then you are just a master at marketing. I expect about 50 copycats to show up on eBay any day now.

Charley Lillard
09-02-2003, 08:08 PM
You Guys Suck !!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Mr70
09-02-2003, 08:50 PM
God it's Good to be Home....

Born30YrsLate
09-02-2003, 10:15 PM
You guys are the fighting/arguing family I never had growing up - it feels good to be in a "normal" family..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Salvatore
09-02-2003, 11:04 PM
You guys sound like one big happy ITALIAN family, that I am used to!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif You guys are way too educated to let your talents be wasted on bashing. Lets get down to finding more Supercars to discuss! Sam

Clint_69
09-02-2003, 11:48 PM
Although my opinion may not matter, I would like to give my .02 worth. When I read the ad for the mentioned auction, it was clear to me. I think the fact that the ad mentions photo quality paper, implies that the picture is a reprint. When you have an original, the term "photo quality paper" would not need to be mentioned as all originals come on photo paper. Also, there is no mention of the picture being an original. If someone was selling an original, don't you think that the seller would mention that it was an original photo? Wouldn't that be a selling point? I doubt anyone would leave out that little detail if it was an original. Finally, if anyone here collects this memorbilia or any other related items, don't you think that an original photo would hit you for more that $20? There are several members on this board that would not bat an eye at $300+ for one of these pictures if they were originals. I am not trying to rehash the ad but it was clear IMO. Classic case of varying perception. I ordered one of each from Tim. I appreciate getting them so quickly. Thanks Tim, there nice prints.

MosportGreen66
09-03-2003, 12:54 AM
I am just asking. Why does everyone seem to hate Tim (copolocater)?

bbdon
09-03-2003, 01:34 AM
I cannot speak for others, but as for myself, I do not hate copolocator. I was slightly annoyed when I saw that he made such a fuss over statements that were made here, after we eventually learned from the man himself that the statements were factually correct. But only slightly annoyed, more like confused, and I can let that go. And just admire the business skills of a man who has made a nice profit selling photocopies. I should have thought of it myself.

Belair62
09-03-2003, 01:40 AM
Hate is a big word...I doubt anyone here hates Tim...must be something going on that we didn't all know about...and I don't want to know.

55chevy
09-03-2003, 01:55 AM
I don't think this thread needs to continue in the Baldwin/Motion section... just my .02 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/no.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Clint_69
09-03-2003, 02:06 AM
Agreed. Tom, can we get a "bashing section" added to the main index? Just kidding!!!!

chevelleman
09-03-2003, 02:09 AM
I never started this thread to turn it into a bash fest. Nor did I know it would.I'm new to this site and don't know the story about copolocator or really care. I just posted it thinking maybe some one would enjoy the pics.

farone
09-03-2003, 01:37 PM
WHAT THIS COMES DOWN TO IS JUST BEING HONEST AND GIVING AN ACCURATE DECCRIPTION OF THE ITEM BEING SOLD. SOME PEOPLE HAVE A REAL PROBLEM DOING THIS. IF ITS A PHOTOCOPY ITS A PHOTOCOPY, IF ITS AN ACTUAL PRINT THAT'S WHAT IT IS. I'VE BEEN SCREWED ON EBAY ENOUGH TIMES THAT THIS KIND OF STUFF REALLY BURNS ME. I HAD TO GO TO BATTLE OVER A 69 CAMARO CLOCK THAT WAS LISTED IN NEW CONDITION, BUT NOT NOS. I PAID GOOD MONEY FOR IT AND FOUND OUT THAT IT WAS A REPOP. I BOUGHT A GAS CAP THAT WAS POORLY PHOTOGRAPHED WITH AN OLD STYLE GM BOX TO FIND OUT THAT IT WAS A NEW CAP THAT I COULD BUY THRU GM WITH THE SAFETY WARNING ON IT. IT REALLY UPSETS ME TO NO END THAT PEOPLE HAVE TO DO THIS TO MAKE A BUCK. I THINK THAT THESE SELLERS SHOULD BE EXPOSED !!! I WORK HARD FOR MY MONEY AND DON'T APPRECIATE BEING MISLED OR DOWNRIGHT RIPPED OFF !!!!

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
09-03-2003, 02:18 PM
Right on!

copolocater
09-03-2003, 02:31 PM
Thanks you for clarifying.I couldn't have stated it any better.PHOTOCOPY--------PHOTOQUALITY PAPER-------ORIGINAL.I think some have missed the word original not being used in description.CHEVELLEMAN no harm done you were right in your assumption alot of people think there neat.I think it's a mute issue at this point since it was about me I think it could be dropped.Some people like them some don't.Ebay feedback need to check that its important before you bid or buy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif.I do

sixtiesmuscle
09-03-2003, 02:53 PM
Amen.

copolocater
09-03-2003, 04:09 PM
Mike /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worship.gifI'll leave on a positive note Steve S.Here's a good discussion topic.EBAY 2430166040 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

whitetop
09-03-2003, 05:38 PM
I'm still trying to figure what the big deal is about Tim's listing.
1. It says "photoquality paper" It doesn't take 7 Philadelphia lawyers to figure out this is not an original print. Are the public schools giving us that bad of an education?
2. Most importantly of all it says in the ad to "Ask Questions" To me that says if you are not sure what you are bidding on to ask questions before you hit the Submit key.
3. One or two people said these photos were in Cars magazines over the years. True. But some people don't have the time etc to hunt down the issues the pics were in. Also some people don't have the correct printer to print off these pics. Figure your time and money to buy the correct mag, scan, transfer to a 3.5 disc and take to a printer + their labor cost and cost of photo paper, gas etc etc etc.
If I was putting together a display of my favorite dealer I would not want to display a bunch of open car mags to show the pic. It is actually a pretty good idea.

One of the posters above should not be the pot that calls the kettle black on ebay listings. While I don't have a clue on many of the items you sell on ebay I have seen some incorrect facts/vagarities on your vintage speed equipment listings on ebay and have never said a word or came on the site and bashed you and said what you were selling is wrong or incorrect. For instance, you had listed a set of Rocket(Cal Custom) valve covers on ebay some time back. They were chrome plated and had the SS-427 emblems attached. You said these were made by Rocket and kinda gave the ambigous impression this is how these covers came. I have a 1971 & '74 Rocket Racing Products Catalog, (printed May 1971-revised) and those style of covers are not in either catalog. I have never seen Rocket sell this style of cover in catalog or ad form.
I also have the '68, '69, '71 and '72 Cal Custom catalogs and the BBChevy VC never came chrome plated nor came with the SS-427 emblem. Somebody made your set up-either Motion or sombody wanting to captialize. Who ever plated them ground out the CC logo in the little circle.
Cal Custom never shared their tooling with any other company except when Mr. Gasket bought them out in '73 or '74. Those covers are a Cal Custom original. Yes many companies made the Motion style cover including Rocket (which are in the '71 & 74 catalog) and Weiand.
I have just about every speed equipment catalog from '67-75. I have also copied every new speed equipment introduction/ads from every car magazine frommm the era and have cataloged every one. I'm not a novice on vintage speed equipment.

However, I freely admit I've been wrong before and I'm constantly learning about things I thought were cut in stone before.
Dave aka Nfifty15 on ebay (785 pos, no negs or neutrals)

Supercar_Kid
09-03-2003, 07:33 PM
Whitetop, had I known it was going to turn into such a pissing contest, I would have never posted on this topic. I never meant to malign Tim or anyone else for that matter, I was simply trying to answer a question as to the origin of the Motion picture in question, which I still believe I did factually, although not as tactfully as I probably should have. Tim has since clarified his item descriptions and there should be no further questions as to the origin or value of these pics. I have not replied to this topic or made any more related posts as I've seen how quickly things can get out of control and reputations can be damaged. As Tim has suggested himself, I think simply dropping it is the best thing.

As for the valve covers I had listed on ebay a while back...I feel I described them accurately and completely. I too have always included a "ask any questions before placing any bids" disclaimer in the description of all of my ebay listings, in the event of any confusion, and I stick by that as good advice to both a buyer and a seller. The covers in question are to the best of my knowledge made by Rocket Racing Products. I say this because I own a set of these covers NOS in the box, complete with shipping label from Motion Performance on Sunrise Highway. These covers may appear to be very similar to Cal Custom covers because they are. When Rocket produced these covers they simply removed the CC logos from the PCV blockoffs and added their own "Rocket Racing" decals. They also removed the "Cal Custom Gardena Calif" markings from the inside of the covers. The covers also came packaged with old Cal Custom instructions for installing the screw on oil baffles. This leads me to believe that the old Cal Custom molds were eventually owned and used by the folks at Rocket. Perhaps you have some documentation that will prove I am wrong in this assumption, but for now there's no doubt they made at least one set, as they're laying here in front of me in their original Motion labeled box. (see attachment) As for the SS427 covers I had listed for sale, I was told they were removed from a Motion display engine, which may explain their unique chrome plating. It's very possible that this was applied by an individual and not Rocket Racing, as I don't have any documentation saying that's how they came new, but then again I never claimed they did. Also, the emblems obviously didn't come from Rocket, they came from GM, they're 68 Impala SS427 decklid emblems, and were used by Motion on many of their 427 cars. The 69-70 Motion Performance catalog lists their "Phase III valve covers" as being available with SS396 and SS454 badging as well. I suspect Motion would use these GM emblems on anything at a customers discretion, or in this case to top off a new display engine's freshly chromed valve covers. I'm not sure what else to say except that I'm sorry if I was misleading in anyway about these or any other items I've put up for sale and that I'll continue to be as accurate and honest as possible when providing information. I'm not a novice to vintage speed equipment either, but just because I haven't personally seen something, or it isn't in one of my catalogs, certainly doesn't mean that it doesn't exist. Let's all sit back, learn from one another, and live harmoniously. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

Supercar_Kid
09-03-2003, 07:34 PM
another pic

Supercar_Kid
09-03-2003, 07:35 PM
close up of Rocket decal that covers removed CC logo

Supercar_Kid
09-03-2003, 07:36 PM
no doubt that Motion sold them

sixtiesmuscle
09-03-2003, 09:01 PM
AAAAH. I love it when we all get along. Let's have a group hug, and, I'll buy the beers at Vettefest. Not you Charley. I've seen you drink. Frank, I've just HEARD about you.

SS427
09-03-2003, 10:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
AAAAH. I love it when we all get along. Let's have a group hug, and, I'll buy the beers at Vettefest. Not you Charley. I've seen you drink. Frank, I've just HEARD about you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Geez Mike, between you and I, I know of a couple of "boys" we can get nice and toasted who make fun of us coffee drinking old farts! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif Sounds like a good time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif
Rick N.

whitetop
09-03-2003, 11:27 PM
Supercar-Kid

I was probably a little harsh. I've been known to put my typing fingers in my mouth on more than one occasion. I have to admit I'm baffled by the CaL Custom VC's being packaged/rebadged as Rocket. Rocket was never a part of the Mr. Gasket conglomerate. Rocket is actually still in busines and makes OEM aluminum wheels for GM, Ford etc. Rocket was still in business in the late '70's/early 80's as a competitor to Mr. Gasket who owned Cal Custom at the time. Wonder if Rocket foundried the covers as a subcontractor for Cal Custom if the CC could not keep up with orders etc? Were these left over? I notice the date on the box of 7-81. These type of covers were losing their popularity at that time. Wonder if CC sold them to Rocket at a steep discount as overstock for rebadging/resale?

Also Mr Gasket was in severe financial hardship during these times. Rocket may have cast the VC for Mr. Gasket and when Mr. Gasket could not pay their bills they sent them back and Rocket rebadged for resale???
Dave

camarojoe
09-04-2003, 12:48 AM
Class dismissed! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/scholar.gif

Belair62
09-04-2003, 01:18 AM
Nooot just yet smarty ! Someone here is gonna have to serve a detention ! Mr. Motown wants to see you all in his office.

hvychev
09-04-2003, 04:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike I'll bring the Wheaties but please nobody pi$$ in them! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

DSYenko
09-04-2003, 04:33 AM
Tim Maybe you could have listed them as photo clones ! Just trying to add some humor.

AutoInsane
09-15-2003, 02:13 PM
Tim,

A little defensive are we? You appear to have an incredulously reactionary personality. Next time please take time and think before leveling threats and attacking other posters. It is not pleasant to read your ranting. Maybe therapy could help.