PDA

View Full Version : Motion 11.5 sec guarantee was conservative?

JoeC
09-02-2003, 04:23 PM
Joel R. made some great comments. One I thought was especially interesting and funny was when someone asked about the Motion 11.5 sec guarantee. Most people think it was a radical statement to guarantee an 11.5 ET but Joel thought he was being conservative! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif
He said something to the effect that the Motion drag car was running 10.5 with a crate L72 engine with the Phase III modifications and the Motion Phase III street car was close to the same as the race car. He thought that by adding 1 sec to the race car's 10.5 ET that there should be no problem with the 11.5 ET street car guarantee. I guess he was correct as there were no refunds requested.
I don't remember if Joel said it during the presentation or another time.
Did anyone get that comment on video or remember it?

Stefano
09-02-2003, 05:26 PM
JoeC,
Yeah some very /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif info right from the horses mouth. My memory might be a bit blurred, but I though Joel said it was a stock non blue-printed L88 Short Block which put that Camaro into the 10.50 on 7" Slicks.

JoeC
09-02-2003, 06:20 PM
I think there was an article written on it that I will try to dig up. It was along the lines of what Joel said which I think he said the L88 blew up (bad rod bolts) and they installed a stock L72 short block which set the record.

Mr70
09-02-2003, 10:11 PM
Didn't Joel R. say they put the smog systems back on after an engine transplant on a new car as in Phase III?

LVCamaro
09-02-2003, 10:15 PM
I thought he [tongue-in-cheek] said that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

SS

Stefano
09-03-2003, 02:26 AM
It was certainy a momentous occasion and I do remember the part about reinstalling all the emissions equipment /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif