PDA

View Full Version : I know I'm not loosing my mind.......

55chevy
09-04-2003, 01:18 PM
I know that "yenko" Dave Belk? posted pics of the 'Iceland' Motion Camaro the other day... but I can't find them anywhere... Were they lost in the server problems?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif If I've just been looking in the wrong places could someone send me the link? If they have disappeared, could you repost them /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif Thanks

Mr70
09-04-2003, 01:34 PM
Ed
It is on Page 3 of this Forum,titled,"Rumors start at the top"., dated 8/30/03.
Rick

whitetop
09-04-2003, 02:29 PM
Ed
You are not losing your mind. I saw them too. They were either deleted or lost. They are not under the "rumours" thread
Dave

LVCamaro
09-04-2003, 03:06 PM
There's a thread in the Baldwin-Motion section, labeled "Baldwin/Motion" that originated on 4/24/03 by harrythor. It's on page 3 of the index for the Baldwin Motion forum section. It has some pics.

Neat car Dave...

SS

55chevy
09-04-2003, 03:35 PM
Thanks guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

09-04-2003, 07:53 PM
Thanks Steve. That "harrythor" post is not the one. I put some photos on the site yesterday showing it after it was "puffed" up. I received some e-mails asking why it was not at the reunion. It simply did not work out with YenkoBart and Orvar, and neither attended. So, I posted some pics for people to see that did not attend, and indicated it might be at the Forge show, and Tom deleted the whole post. Dave

whitetop
09-04-2003, 08:01 PM
Dave
The engine compartment and Appliance slots really looked nice. The slots gave the car a whole different appearance.

Dave

sYc
09-04-2003, 08:12 PM
The reason the thread was deleted is very simple. It ended with a "plug" for another show. Why was that a problem? Received 1-15-03 from Tim Lapata (Copolocater)

"""Thats absolutely fine .You have put the shaft to me on more than one occasion.You really screwed me on the funnnycar.I don't need you or your website you only care about all the money you made from it.Cry all you want its all about the money.Don't expect an invitation to my SUPERCAR/MUSCLECAR SHOW.Enjoy your lonely boring show and your out of control website.Tom its all about you no its all about ME I'm the man see if you can keep up. LATER. No response required because you mean nothing to me."""

I had hoped it would not come to this, but Dave and friends seem to want to battle it out in the open. Not for sure why, as all it does is hurt the supercar hobby. Of course, maybe they do not care. Take SCR6. Dave had me reserve a spot for the Motion car and a large display, plus provide a room for Orvar, and the sYc even advertised that all would be there. I was never told that none would be present. To me, trying to make the sYc look bad. Why Dave? Do you, Tim and the others dispise me and the sYc so much that you are willing to sabatoge SCRs and destroy the supercar hobby? I just do not get it. But I am about to. You may get your wish.

Rob has gone racing, but when he gets back, he and I will discuss the future of this web site, and future SCRs. As I told you by PM, I do not need the added stress in my life.

09-04-2003, 09:20 PM
Tom, you are losing it.

copolocater
09-04-2003, 09:32 PM
TOM YOU HAVEN'T HEARD A PEEP FROM ME SINCE 1-15-03.MY SHOW IS A MUSCLECAR SHOW FORD CHEVY MOPAR.SOME OF MY FRIENDS ATTENDED YOUR SHOW IT DIDN'T PEE ME OFF.I THOUGHT THIS WAS OVER.WE DON'T GET ALONG THATS BETWEEN YOU AND ME. I'M DOING SOMETHING ELSE I DON'T BOTHER YOU.WHATS THIS ALL ABOUT!!!!

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
09-04-2003, 09:34 PM
Wow! That email from 1/15/03 is really sad, nobody should type stuff like that to another person in the hobby. Why make it personal?

copolocater
09-04-2003, 09:50 PM
I DON'T THINK YOU OR TOM WANT ME TO SHARE THE PRIVATE EMAILS I'VE RECEIVED FROM TOM,DO YOU MARLIN.FIND OUT THE WHOLE STORY WHICH YOU ALREADY KNOW BECAUSE YOUR ONE THAT KEEPS PUSHING .GET OVER IT.I'LL BE GLAD TO DISPLAY ALL THE PRIVATE CRAP IN PUBLIC IF THATS WHERE THIS IS GOING.YOU HAD 45 CARS JOEL ROSEN WHAT ARE YOU COMPLAING ABOUT. DESTROYING YOUR SHOW THAT WILL BE YOUR UNDOING IF THIS CRAP CONTINUES.IF YOU ATTEND ANY REUNIONS, MARLIN TALK ABOUT SUPPORT.GO AHEAD AND THRASH I THINK THIS IS ABIT CHILDISH

Kim_Howie
09-04-2003, 11:20 PM
Who's trashing who' Tim look at your post to Tom, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif now that's trash!!!!

copolocater
09-04-2003, 11:32 PM
KIM WHERE WERE YOU ON THE BELK POST WHEN HE WAS THREATENED IN PRIVATE THAT IF HE DIDN'T KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT EVERYBODY WOULD FIND OUT HE DIDN'T HAVE A MOTION CONVERTED CAR /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif.HE PROVED OTHERWISE.KIM WHERE WERE YOU WHEN IT WAS DISCUSSED THAT THE YENKO CORVETTE CAMARO PROGRAM WAS SHUT DOWN AND IN THE MEAN TIME THERE WAS A PRIVATE DEAL TO PURCHASE ONE OF THE CARS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif.YOU STICK UP FOR WHO YOU WANT TO LETS CALL A SPADE A SPADE.DID YOU READ MY POST YOU HAVEN'T SEEN WHAT WAS EMAILED TO ME BEFORE THAT POST.I DON'T CARE.THIS IS FUNNY.SOME PEOPLE JUST WANT ATTENTION NOT ME I WAS DOING MY OWN THING.

Mr70
09-04-2003, 11:44 PM
Sorry Ed & others.
I thought you were looking for that recent thread Dave just posted.Didn't mean to lead you in the wrong Direction,or stir up this Hornets nest.

Kim_Howie
09-04-2003, 11:48 PM
Tim , I don't know a thing about the two above items you brought up I just think telling Tom he's, only in it for the money is TRASH.

copolocater
09-04-2003, 11:56 PM
KIM THERES ALOT YOU DON'T KNOW BECAUSE I'M NO LONGER AROUND AND IT WASN'T IMPORTANT UNTIL NOW.BUT YOU WILL FIND OUT DOWN THE LINE.NOTHING PERSONAL.

copo9566aa
09-05-2003, 12:08 AM
I know that "yenko" Dave Belk? posted pics of the 'Iceland' Motion Camaro the other day... but I can't find them anywhere... Were they lost in the server problems?? If I've just been looking in the wrong places could someone send me the link? If they have disappeared, could you repost them Thanks

--------------------
Ed Gilpin

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Loredo (oh baby!)

Post Extras:
mr70
Forum Leader

Reged: 01/27/01
Loc: Illinois
Re: I know I'm not loosing my mind....... [Re:55chevy]
#50369 - 09/04/03 07:34 AM (209.240.198.63) Edit Reply Quote

Ed
It is on Page 3 of this Forum,titled,"Rumors start at the top"., dated 8/30/03.
Rick

--------------------
"On The Move"

Post Extras:
whitetop
Forum Leader

Reged: 04/18/00
Loc: Ohio
Re: I know I'm not loosing my mind....... [Re:mr70]
#50374 - 09/04/03 08:29 AM (64.12.96.46) Edit Reply Quote

Ed
You are not losing your mind. I saw them too. They were either deleted or lost. They are not under the "rumours" thread
Dave

Post Extras:
LVCamaro
enthusiast

Reged: 10/02/02
Loc: Las Vegas, NV.
Re: I know I'm not loosing my mind....... [Re:whitetop]
#50377 - 09/04/03 09:06 AM (64.12.96.46) Edit Reply Quote

There's a thread in the Baldwin-Motion section, labeled "Baldwin/Motion" that originated on 4/24/03 by harrythor. It's on page 3 of the index for the Baldwin Motion forum section. It has some pics.

Neat car Dave...

SS

Post Extras:
55chevy
enthusiast

Reged: 10/14/02
Loc: Owasso, Oklahoma
Re: I know I'm not loosing my mind....... [Re:LVCamaro]
#50381 - 09/04/03 09:35 AM (216.253.231.35) Edit Reply Quote

Thanks guys

--------------------
Ed Gilpin

1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Loredo (oh baby!)

Post Extras:
yenko
Elite Member

Reged: 04/08/00
Loc: davenport,iowa
Re: I know I'm not loosing my mind....... [Re:LVCamaro]
#50403 - 09/04/03 01:53 PM (199.120.86.26) Edit Reply Quote

Thanks Steve. That "harrythor" post is not the one. I put some photos on the site yesterday showing it after it was "puffed" up. I received some e-mails asking why it was not at the reunion. It simply did not work out with YenkoBart and Orvar, and neither attended. So, I posted some pics for people to see that did not attend, and indicated it might be at the Forge show, and Tom deleted the whole post. Dave

Post Extras:
whitetop
Forum Leader

Reged: 04/18/00
Loc: Ohio
Re: I know I'm not loosing my mind....... [Re:yenko]
#50408 - 09/04/03 02:01 PM (64.12.96.46) Edit Reply Quote

Dave
The engine compartment and Appliance slots really looked nice. The slots gave the car a whole different appearance.

Dave

Post Extras:
sYc
Administrator

Reged: 03/20/00
Loc: Alton, MO, USA
Re: I know I'm not loosing my mind....... [Re:yenko]
#50410 - 09/04/03 02:12 PM (208.254.143.207) Edit Reply Quote

The reason the thread was deleted is very simple. It ended with a "plug" for another show. Why was that a problem? Received 1-15-03 from Tim Lapata (Copolocater)

"""Thats absolutely fine .You have put the shaft to me on more than one occasion.You really screwed me on the funnnycar.I don't need you or your website you only care about all the money you made from it.Cry all you want its all about the money.Don't expect an invitation to my SUPERCAR/MUSCLECAR SHOW.Enjoy your lonely boring show and your out of control website.Tom its all about you no its all about ME I'm the man see if you can keep up. LATER. No response required because you mean nothing to me."""

I had hoped it would not come to this, but Dave and friends seem to want to battle it out in the open. Not for sure why, as all it does is hurt the supercar hobby. Of course, maybe they do not care. Take SCR6. Dave had me reserve a spot for the Motion car and a large display, plus provide a room for Orvar, and the sYc even advertised that all would be there. I was never told that none would be present. To me, trying to make the sYc look bad. Why Dave? Do you, Tim and the others dispise me and the sYc so much that you are willing to sabatoge SCRs and destroy the supercar hobby? I just do not get it. But I am about to. You may get your wish.

Rob has gone racing, but when he gets back, he and I will discuss the future of this web site, and future SCRs. As I told you by PM, I do not need the added stress in my life.

--------------------
Tom Clary
Yenko Sportscar Club
http://www.yenko.net

Post Extras:
yenko
Elite Member

Reged: 04/08/00
Loc: davenport,iowa
Re: I know I'm not loosing my mind....... [Re:sYc]
#50424 - 09/04/03 03:20 PM (12.217.120.79) Edit Reply Quote

Tom, you are losing it.

Post Extras:
copolocater
enthusiast

Reged: 07/31/02
Loc: Tennesse
#50427 - 09/04/03 03:32 PM (66.191.235.224) Edit Reply Quote

TOM YOU HAVEN'T HEARD A PEEP FROM ME SINCE 1-15-03.MY SHOW IS A MUSCLECAR SHOW FORD CHEVY MOPAR.SOME OF MY FRIENDS ATTENDED YOUR SHOW IT DIDN'T PEE ME OFF.I THOUGHT THIS WAS OVER.WE DON'T GET ALONG THATS BETWEEN YOU AND ME. I'M DOING SOMETHING ELSE I DON'T BOTHER YOU.WHATS THIS ALL ABOUT!!!!

Post Extras:
YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
Forum Leader

Reged: 04/27/00
Loc: PA
#50428 - 09/04/03 03:34 PM (65.220.74.74) Edit Reply Quote

Wow! That email from 1/15/03 is really sad, nobody should type stuff like that to another person in the hobby. Why make it personal?

--------------------
Marlin
70 Yenko Nova, Gobi Beige, LT1, M21, 4.10's
69 SS Nova, Rallye Green, L78, M20, 3.55's

Post Extras:
copolocater
enthusiast

Re: I know I'm not loosing my mind....... [Re:YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY]
#50430 - 09/04/03 03:50 PM (66.191.235.224) Edit Reply Quote

I DON'T THINK YOU OR TOM WANT ME TO SHARE THE PRIVATE EMAILS I'VE RECEIVED FROM TOM,DO YOU MARLIN.FIND OUT THE WHOLE STORY WHICH YOU ALREADY KNOW BECAUSE YOUR ONE THAT KEEPS PUSHING .GET OVER IT.I'LL BE GLAD TO DISPLAY ALL THE PRIVATE CRAP IN PUBLIC IF THATS WHERE THIS IS GOING.YOU HAD 45 CARS JOEL ROSEN WHAT ARE YOU COMPLAING ABOUT. DESTROYING YOUR SHOW THAT WILL BE YOUR UNDOING IF THIS CRAP CONTINUES.IF YOU ATTEND ANY REUNIONS, MARLIN TALK ABOUT SUPPORT.GO AHEAD AND THRASH I THINK THIS IS ABIT CHILDISH

Edited by copolocater (09/04/03 05:45 PM)

Post Extras:
Kim_Howie

Reged: 06/05/00
Loc: Albia,Iowa
Re: I know I'm not loosing my mind....... [Re:copolocater]
#50447 - 09/04/03 05:20 PM (65.248.193.186) Edit Reply Quote

Who's trashing who' Tim look at your post to Tom, now that's trash!!!!

Post Extras:
copolocater
enthusiast

Re: I know I'm not loosing my mind....... [Re:Kim_Howie]
#50450 - 09/04/03 05:32 PM (66.191.235.224) Edit Reply Quote

KIM WHERE WERE YOU ON THE BELK POST WHEN HE WAS THREATENED IN PRIVATE THAT IF HE DIDN'T KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT EVERYBODY WOULD FIND OUT HE DIDN'T HAVE A MOTION CONVERTED CAR .HE PROVED OTHERWISE.KIM WHERE WERE YOU WHEN IT WAS DISCUSSED THAT THE YENKO CORVETTE CAMARO PROGRAM WAS SHUT DOWN AND IN THE MEAN TIME THERE WAS A PRIVATE DEAL TO PURCHASE ONE OF THE CARS .YOU STICK UP FOR WHO YOU WANT TO LETS CALL A SPADE A SPADE.DID YOU READ MY POST YOU HAVEN'T SEEN WHAT WAS EMAILED TO ME BEFORE THAT POST.I DON'T CARE.THIS IS FUNNY.SOME PEOPLE JUST WANT ATTENTION NOT ME I WAS DOING MY OWN THING.

Edited by copolocater (09/04/03 05:35 PM)

Post Extras:
mr70
Forum Leader

Reged: 01/27/01
Loc: Illinois
Re: I know I'm not loosing my mind....... [Re:55chevy]
#50452 - 09/04/03 05:44 PM (209.240.198.63) Edit Reply Quote

Sorry Ed & others.
I thought you were looking for that recent thread Dave just posted.Didn't mean to lead you in the wrong Direction,or stir up this Hornets nest.

--------------------
"On The Move"

Post Extras:
Kim_Howie

Reged: 06/05/00
Loc: Albia,Iowa
Re: I know I'm not loosing my mind....... [Re:copolocater]
#50453 - 09/04/03 05:48 PM (65.248.193.186) Edit Reply Quote

Tim , I don't know a thing about the two above items you brought up I just think telling Tom he's, only in it for the money is TRASH.
Poster: copolocater
Subject: Re: I know I'm not loosing my mind.......

KIM THERES ALOT YOU DON'T KNOW BECAUSE I'M NO LONGER AROUND AND IT WASN'T IMPORTANT UNTIL NOW.BUT YOU WILL FIND OUT DOWN THE LINE.NOTHING PERSONAL.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif

55chevy
09-05-2003, 01:14 AM
Come on Guys! Either kiss and make up or leave each other alone!.. Jesus H. Christ. All I wanted was to see those latest pics of Daves Camaro. Where did this pissing contest come from?????!! When you start slinging all this bullshit out in the open for us all to see it just makes us all feel bad and makes those of you doing it look bad.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif ..........I was at SCR6 and had the time of my life. I made some new friends there and everyone was great.. Everyone I met and talked to I enjoyed their company and they seemed to enjoy mine. And I know nobody wants to see these stupid bash sessions on this site. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif So I'm telling everyone and I know I'll be backed up on this.. KNOCK IT THE HELL OFF! I don't want to see ANYMORE of this f#ucking crap! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif ESPECIALLY on a thread that I start! Sorry for the language.. I'm pissed! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

Belair62
09-05-2003, 01:25 AM
Justifiably said 55 and I have to agree with you...it's getting like the damn Inquirer around here...

Born30YrsLate
09-05-2003, 02:13 AM
Let's get back to what's important...... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

Important (http://www.1077thebone.com/jocks/jeffreys/Catfight.asx)

YENKO DEUCE REGISTRY
09-05-2003, 07:11 PM
Hey, I'm not involved with either of these issues, so I don't know the details, I just thought the tone of the posts/emails was sad. None of us need it, especially the people who provide the website and BB.

Let's get back to the interesting stuff! You know, like Charlies' dogs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

moparts
09-05-2003, 08:55 PM
Tim/Dave

Tom's good.....trying to sell funny car on Tom's site

Tom's bad.....funny car a little funny

Tom's good....trying to sell Deuce on Tom's site

Tom's bad....questions about Deuce

Tom's good....trying to sell car..needing space at scr6 etc.

Tom's bad....sold car so don't need Tom so don't tell Tom

Tom's good....advertising your show.after bad mouthing Tom's

Tom's bad...deleted your post because...well figure it out

Tim....Don't pm me and threaten to beat me up..you already done that. By the way turn off your !@#$ CAPS LOCK.

Dave...has anyone made more off this board than you?

If you guys don't like Tom and what he stands for then why do you keep showing up ON HIS SITE?

I think everyone agrees that this board isn't the place to be airing all this dirty laundry...but every time Tom makes a post there is one or two out there that wants to take him to the carpet.

Do we want a web site, bulletin board, scr7? If so lets stop all the crap. The Reunions and this web site were started out of Tom's love of the greatest cars ever built. Having a place to get together once a year and enjoy the cars with people that have the same love was just a few years ago only a dream.....Tom with help from some of his friends made the dream come true....SCR6 should be put down as one of the greatest car show's ever....racing, dinner, legendary speakers, and 45 or so of the neatest cars around...

Tom's hair is getting grayer and more is falling out...so lets get this back on a civilized path.....We have to look at him every day and it's not a pretty sight.

MotownMadman
09-05-2003, 09:05 PM
BelAir, If I werent stalking you and following your posts I would have missed all this excitement! You cutie pie! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
Motown /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif

55chevy
09-05-2003, 09:28 PM
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/haha.gif keep it in the closet boys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

hvychev
09-05-2003, 09:30 PM
Tom are you seriously thinking of dismantling the web site and the Supercar Reunion because of a disagreement/bad blood with a few people? What's next, putting a bomb in the middle of your own Yenko's out of spite? Sounds kind of silly.

You are the head man in charge of this site. With that comes people wanting to test/challenge you. Rise to the occasion. Could you imagine if George W Bush got personally upset when he was badmouthed by the likes of Saddam Hussein or Osama Bin Ladin? He might have gotten mad and hit the button or who knows what. Kind of a silly comparison but the same principal.

Many people have learned volumes from this site & the reunion and most importantly have made friendships with people that for some will last a lifetime. Remember our friend Dennis Hartweg? Life is to short.

sYc
09-05-2003, 10:36 PM
Frank, First of all, Yes, I am seriously thinking about shutting everything down. In fact, I shut the BB down last night. Everyone who is on here now should thank Rob for reviving it. Why? I guess I am missing the point somewhere. Why does "being in charge" make me the enemy? All I ever wanted to do was spend time with some friends enjoying a common interest.

[ QUOTE ]
Many people have learned volumes from this site & the reunion and most importantly have made friendships with people that for some will last a lifetime.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this is true, then should not I be entitled to just a little bit of respect or is that too high of a price for board members to pay?

ORIGLS6
09-05-2003, 10:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Remember our friend Dennis Hartweg? Life is to short.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said my friend! Thank you!

Tom/Rob,

Only you know the grief you deal with on a daily basis by maintaining this site. Just know there are many, in fact most of us who truly appreciate the hard work and effort you put into this. Yes, sometimes we get a little silly and take up space that could better be used for something actually informative and useful. And there are some who air their disagreements from time to time. But overall, this is one of the greatest sources of information available for the Supercar and Musclecar hobby. We all have things in our lives that aren't pleasant but we need to learn to bring them to light when and where it's appropriate.

The silent majority will no doubt support you, but that does no good when you need to actually feel that support. The Reunions have become an important part of most of our annual schedules and would be sorely missed if they go away. We all hope that doesn't happen but if it should, I would hope you know you've made friends that will be with you for a long time and will always appreciate the fact that you have brought together a group of people that might never have met. I, for one have many new friends, and some very close friends, that I might never have known if not for this site and the shows. You told me yourself,"The cars are great but it's the people that make the shows".

Whatever you decide to do in the future, you have my support, understanding and respect. It's been a pleasure knowing you and I look forward to many more years of good times, wherever and whenever they happen. May our paths cross often.

Thank you,
Dennis

Mr70
09-05-2003, 11:24 PM
I have to agree with Frank & Dennis.
Believe you me,I don't like to do that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I met most of you that I could at the reunion,and realized more then ever, IT IS NOT ABOUT THE CARS.
Our cars do speak to us,but the people who are interested in them,either by owning them,or just coming to see them,are what make this Hobby enjoyable.
We all put our pants on one leg at a time,and no one person is,or should be considered above another,and I felt that at sYc.
If all these Cars vanished today,and this Website disappeared,I would still be contacting and meeting up with you all.
Tom....There is a Genuine Nucleus of Good here,don't let it go! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burnout.gif

Jeff Murphy
09-06-2003, 12:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If this is true, then should not I be entitled to just a little bit of respect or is that too high of a price for board members to pay?

[/ QUOTE ]

You've got mine.

Friendship and help when you need it, too.

MikeA
09-06-2003, 12:12 AM
Tom/Rob,

I had no idea that running this site could be such a problem for you guys. I hope you did not shut it down because if you do they win and the rest of us lose.

Thanks for your time and effort.

LVCamaro
09-06-2003, 12:21 AM
Thanks Mo...cool heads will prevail. In a poll, the "yeas" would win by landslide to keep the website and Reunions ongoing! So few have given so much to bring both this site and the Reunions to such an enjoyable status. When Tom pulled the plug yesterday, we were all reminded of how fragile the balance has become for the furtherance of both. This site and the Reunions require attention, maintenance and commitment that are both burdensome and thankless. Check this out:

Main Entry: com∑mit∑ment
Pronunciation: k&-'mit-m&nt
Function: noun
Date: 1621
1 a : an act of committing to a charge or trust: as (1) : an act of referring a matter to a legislative committee b : MITTIMUS
2 a : an agreement or pledge to do something in the future; especially : an engagement to assume a financial obligation at a future date b : something pledged c : the state or an instance of being obligated or emotionally impelled <a commitment to a cause>

If you folks don't think that pretty well describes Tom...you need to get your head out of your a$$ and get to know Tom better.

We can all do more to preserve the future of this site and the Reunions...time to shut up and step up!

SS

Kim_Howie
09-06-2003, 12:30 AM
I couldn't have said it any better thanks Steve

09-06-2003, 01:09 AM
MoFarts, before you try to debate a subject, try to have more than a quarter of the facts straight. Also, why are you posting when you are telling others to let it die? I don't even know you. I think you are the guy who parks the car at the reunion. I checked your profile and it said your hobbies are "working on Clarys cars." Enough said. I have no idea how you are aware of my financial situation. Ask the people I have sold vehicles to if I misrepresented, lied, cheated them, etc. I happen to enjoy the hunt of a car, the research of it, restoring or puffing it up, and yes, selling it for the going price at that time. If I make a profit, and that offends you, so be it. It certainly does not offend the happy buyer. We all have our place in the hobby, buying, selling, showing, restoring, etc. Again, I was threatened and simply responded with the information I had. As far as the reunion goes, I e-mailed Tom the reason Orvar and Bob were not there. Orvars wife became ill, he e-mailed Bob on Friday, Bob was going to have a difficult time attending because his boy had a HS football game, but he was going to make the 14 hr. drive anyway, until he received the e-mail. I did not find out until after the reunion was over. So if someone can tell me how Tom could have been notified beforehand, let me know. I am not the person portrayed by Tom, and have only defended myself. By the way, I will have a 1970 Yenko Deuce for sale in a couple of months. Fathom blue/white stripes, aut.,PS. Rust-free AR. car. Non-original drivetrain, yet correct, and 1970 dated. Is in restoration as we speak. Will have cragars, headers, and traction bars, otherwise bone-stock. Maurice, if you direct a buyer my way, $$. Thanks. Dave Belk

sYc
09-06-2003, 02:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you are the guy who parks the car at the reunion. I checked your profile and it said your hobbies are "working on Clarys cars." Enough said

[/ QUOTE ]

Dave, You are correct. Mo parked cars at SCR6. He also left work early on Thursday (missed Friday and Saturday entirely) to travel with me to St. louis to get set up. Friday he arrived at the race track at 7AM to set up the web cam. Then spent the day checking on the web cam, seeing that the video cameras were in place, directed everyone into the staging lanes, and basiclly did the things that needed to be done so I could make a pass of two in the FC. Mo has more sweat and blood in the FC then I do, and he only got to touch it one time, to load it. At move in he was at the door helping everyone get their cars unloaded safely. Friday night he once again set up the web cam and camera at the banquet. Saturday he, his wife, his daughter and son and daughter's boy friend (who donated the laptop & web cam)) pitched in to help sale t-shirts, take gate, whatever that needed to be done. What did he get for all of that, a free t-shirt and cr-p from you and Tim. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bs.gif Why does he do it? Not for sure, as he does not even own a supercar. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

copolocater
09-06-2003, 02:36 AM
TOM PITTY PARTYS OVER YOU SCARED EVERYBODY YOUR THE HERO OF THE SUPERCAR WORLD.EVERYBODYS ON YOUR SIDE.I'M DEFEATED. YOUR THE WINNER.

09-06-2003, 02:37 AM
I guess that justifies his remarks about me.

sYc
09-06-2003, 02:49 AM
From Dave, [ QUOTE ]
MoFarts,

[/ QUOTE ]

From Tim, [ QUOTE ]
TOM PITTY PARTYS OVER YOU SCARED EVERYBODY YOUR THE HERO OF THE SUPERCAR WORLD.EVERYBODYS ON YOUR SIDE.I'M DEFEATED. YOUR THE WINNER

[/ QUOTE ]

More proof that it is time to shut the board down. No winners in this fight, just losers. Sorry.

copolocater
09-06-2003, 02:52 AM
QUIT PULLING MY NAME ONTO THIS WEBSITE AND I WON'T HAVE TO RESPOND.USE YOUR HEAD.

SS427
09-06-2003, 03:16 AM
Tom,
Time to lock the thread down not the site. There are way too many possitives to having this site than the amount of loses due to a few opinions that are not liked by some. Every BB has their differences and that is what sometimes makes them interesting. Not that these types of conflicts are interesting but they happen and we all need to live with them from time to time. Why doesn't everyone move on and talk about what this site is all about and drop the negatives. People can and will make up their own minds about other members and/or their cars. In my case, I have nothing to do with the debate nor am I taking sides but I stand to lose a lot if the site is not available.
Rick Nelson

Stuart Adams
09-06-2003, 03:42 AM
2nd that.

MotownMadman
09-06-2003, 06:47 AM
Stuart,
Lets talk about the Arizona hotties in Bikini's instead, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif or at least about your Camaro or what you are going to do with the money from it?
Motown /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

NEW
09-06-2003, 08:39 AM
Do not think abt. shutting this site down,

I will then have to go back to reading my Camaro books from cover to cover, to get only a bit of the information i find from this site, It is hard to be in to the super car stuff in Norway as there is no one else doing it, it will be 100 times worse if this site shuts down!

NEW

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif

55chevy
09-06-2003, 09:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
From Dave, [ QUOTE ]
MoFarts,

[/ QUOTE ]

From Tim, [ QUOTE ]
TOM PITTY PARTYS OVER YOU SCARED EVERYBODY YOUR THE HERO OF THE SUPERCAR WORLD.EVERYBODYS ON YOUR SIDE.I'M DEFEATED. YOUR THE WINNER

[/ QUOTE ]

More proof that it is time to shut the board down. No winners in this fight, just losers. Sorry.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tom.. It just looks to me like the board has just been afflicted with TWO assholes. Find a way to remove the assholes and keep the board.. Look at how many FRIENDS you have on this board compared to the ASSHOLES you have on this board. Please don't close down the common place all of us friends come to meet up on a daily basis because of 2 immature (I'll withold the personal attacks) people.. Just banish their IP addresses somehow and maybe this can be over with and we can get back to our daily doses of having fun on here and sharing info and friendship. Can't the crap just go away? What the hell is going on with the world anymore?? I think the MARS coming so close to Earth thing has thrown everything out of wack and it's affecting the people.. Seems like everyone I know is at war with someone.. Maybe it's just time for a deep breath and a fresh start. Keep the board going Tom. Count how many of us on here that got your back to the ones who don't and post up the results.. We'd love to see them. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beers.gif

budnate
09-06-2003, 10:41 AM
Tom, Rob,
For what itís worth you guys have done a great job with this site!! I have talked with more than one person on how great this site is! It is by FAR the best out there!!, collectively there is so much knowledge here for all of us to share back and forth it is mind boggling, and for the most part we have adult conversations here and the rest of the regular gang on here just adds to the day,

So please hang in there with us,

Lastly you may want to put some trusted members in charge of parts of the site as Moderators to help out with the load here, I realize it takes time to do this and we all can appreciate how little of that we seem to have these days, just a thought.

Gotta run and catch the winning Fish for the derby today!, see ya later, Bud.