PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Members-Ray Ridge in Trenton Mi.

Mr70
09-07-2003, 02:17 PM
I am asking if anyone from the Trenton Michigan area can visit their Library and find Newspapers,or magazine ads from around Dec. 1969 for Ray Ridge Chevrolet,2836 W. Jefferson, offering to Modify Hi-Performance cars.Also Classified ads showing the same.
I have paper work showing they Ordered at least 1 LS6 Chevelle for a customer,then swapped the engine for a ZL-1 Aluminum 454 over the counter engine.I believe this was only done to 15 1970 Chevelles.+ 1 convertible,and only 1 had an Auto trans.
This Particular 1970 Chevelle SS had Fiberglass Cowl ind. Hood,Fenders,Trunk lid with spoiler,Modified TH400,Shock absorber package,Headers in the Trunk,Prowler Rear street and strip tires,Sun Super transistorized 8000 rpm Tach, all done at the Ray Ridge Dealership.It was built with Disc brake delete.
The Price of this Chevelle was $6781.00 back then.This car was sold without insurance,and was built for racing.
All my paperwork is dated 12/12/69,so it could have been a Local area car around that time period.
Ray Ridge Dealership was sold many times after that,then bulldozed and relocated at a new location.Today it is Rogers Chevrolet in WoodHaven.
Any Information appreciated. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/biggthumpup.gif