PDA

View Full Version : Need a "512" Block (April-May 70)

Musclecarkid
09-08-2003, 04:26 AM
Looking for a rebuildable 3963512 block, 2-bolt or 4-bolt. Ideal dates would be late April to early May 1970. Anybody hear of Yountto? Has anyone bought anythng from him? How can I get in touch with him? Thanks for your help. Kevin

Mr70
09-08-2003, 02:52 PM
Youwho?

yountto
09-08-2003, 04:04 PM
Musclecarkid, I can supply you with ANY vintage dated BB hi-perf motor/related parts from 1965 thru 1970. I can also provide references from 6 countries..thanks for the consideration...if you are from the Illinois area call Fred Nolen,we've done much business together.

Musclecarkid
09-08-2003, 08:45 PM
mr70 I don't understand your reply? Do you have a block for me?

Musclecarkid
09-10-2003, 04:57 AM
Making a trip to Yountto's shop tommorrow to buy some parts. Hope I have a positive return. Will let you guys know how I do. Has anybody here bought anything from Chuck before?........Kevin

budnate
09-10-2003, 02:31 PM
"positive" Yep, Chuck is a straight up guy, no bs. either want it or you dont.

Bud.

Musclecarkid
09-16-2003, 04:22 AM
Well, I visited Yountto's shop last week and you guys aren't going to believe what that man has in his collection. Some of the rarest iron and aluminum you'll ever see in one location. It's like visiting Tonawanda and Winters Foundry rolled into one. Not only did he have the parts I needed, but many other 4-bolt blocks, L88,L89,ZL1 heads, intakes of all types, and all kinds of vintage motor parts. I think I may have even seen the missing 69 Yenko block that was listed on ebay a while ago. There were at least five MN or MO blocks with tags listing casting dates and vins of possible Yenko Camaros and Chevelles. It was truely amazing to see so much Chevy High Performance parts in one location. Some of Chucks prices are a little out of my reach, but if you need a rare part for your ultra rare machine, he's definately got the stuff.

MotownMadman
09-16-2003, 06:55 PM
Kid,
Chuck is a straight up guy with the right stuff. He is the king of the east coast as far as Chevy HP parts, Al Maynard who owns the 68 Z rag top has the same type of inventory for the midwest guys near Detroit. Guys like Chuck and Al had the foresight that many of us should have had. I am sure many of us here have headaches thinking about cars and parts we practically gave away, or others we could have bought for next to nothing over the years. In the mid to late seventies I could have filled a pole barn with 66-67 427 Corvettes at $1500 to $2000 each.....AAGGHHhh! In 1978 it took me three months to get $2500 for a 440 six pack Superbird. The guy I sold it to still has it and he never fails to rub it in every time I see him! Coulda, Shoulda, Woulda.....Anyway, it's nice that there are still guys like Chuck and Al to fill the needs of those on the hunt. Anyone need Al's number PM me.
Thanks,
Motown /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

JoeC
09-17-2003, 12:10 AM
Mo off topic but did Al M run a 57 Chevy E/Gas car sponsored by Standard Auto Supply Detroit Mich in 1969?
Dark color car maybe black?